X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
      I don't see why the staffed WMA's like the National Forests don't just issue the antlerless permits from their office. That way they know the hunters are local and will have a better chance of using them, and they will have an opportunity to educate those hunters a bit too. They aren't going to close those offices to the public, so this would be one way to drive a little traffic through them.
      Exactly - We have been discussing this on the SHNF thread for a while. We also like the idea of being able to turn the tag back in. I don't know about the TPWD paid hunts, but the doe permits are for management. If I get a doe permit and something comes up and I know I will not have a chance to use it, some one else should be able to use it.

Comment

I agree with all the above posts. There needs to be a cap on the number of applications per category. There most certainly needs to be changes in the NF doe permits so ppl aren't just applying for them because they're free and it'd be cool to maybe go hunt there if they have time. I will be contacting TPWD. I'd suggest others do so as well.

Comment

Well, I like some ideas, and dislike other ideas.
          Most are ok, but why should "locals" get all the doe permits?

They probably issue more than is expected to be harvested, so a few unharvested is gonna be ok if that is true; however I feel your pain on someone just applying because they can,

There should be someway to prevent that, but I don't particularly like the "local" only idea.
          Maybe if you show up at the office a couple of times before season(while scouting) and check in they will know you're serious.

Comment

TPWD definitely needs to do the shopping cart thingy !!!!

Comment

Working...
            X