Traditional FSC week 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC week 8

OK folks, we'll do last week's call once again.
    Everyone who shot last week gets a do over, and hopefully more will try it.

17yds sitting, blank sheet of paper stuck to your target. Paper orientation shooters choice, This is a 3 shoot group emphasis on GROUP. Shoot 3 arrows and then measure distance from each hole, mark down your measurement then add the 3 together for your total.

See example picture.

Lowest total wins the call.

Shoot Straight & Good Luck !!!!!!

Rick
    Attached Files

Like this challenge, but I'm going to wait a couple of days to try it because I'm working at making a significant change in form: going from split fingers to three-under to improve consistency of release. Also, added thumb-knuckle contact touching bottom of ear lobe as a second anchor (in addition to middle finger at corner of mouth). PLUS, I've turned my baseball cap around backwards, which I never did! I know the second anchor point has been discussed here before, and I know there is an entire sticky thread on split vs. 3-under. What really got me thinking about this was the Rick Welch thread earlier this week. He feels 3-under is more consistent.

Researched a little on him and watched some You Tube videos. Makes sense that 3-under would be less likely to torque the string, which became much more of an issue when I went from a 66" bow to a 52" one (to avoid limb interference in a stand). Clincher on really trying this was seeing that Rusty Horn was one of his students. I've shot with Rusty Horn, and he is the reigning IBO World Champion as I recall. We'll see how this goes, but I think I'm liking it so far.

Comment

Slackers.

Someone needs to shoot this, and set the bar.

Rick

Comment

Traditional FSC week 8

Ellis, stick with it and see if you can bring it all together. Just FYI, Rusty has something that only a few folks have, and most of us never will have. That's why he is always at the top, and wins nearly everywhere he shoots.

Good luck with your changes!

Bisch

Comment

Back yard is a swamp. In a day or two I will get it done. I should be in town this week. Actually got to shoot yesterday and I could still hit the target.

Gary

Comment

Dang Bisch, I thought at first you were talking bout me! Then I remembered Ellis posting bout Rusty Horn, and I fell back down to earth... Oh well, I'm ok with just being a "paper plate" grouping master! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

maybe I'll jump in on this tomorrow

Comment

Thanks, Bisch. Trying to minimize the ways to mess up, basically.

Comment

I've got to get my range set back up and then I'll try this one. Spent the weekend putting in the garden and it's right in the middle of my shooting area as it gets the best light during the day. Heck I haven't picked up my bow in three days so I'm probably going to flub the mess out of this one.

Richard.

Comment

Room for improvement: 6-3/16" for me.
                    First and third shots 3/8" apart (1st on the right); second shot down and over 2-5/8"; so 3-3/16" from 2nd to 3rd.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by tradtiger; 02-21-2017, 11:58 AM. Reason: fix fractions

Comment

I shot it but couldn't put the pics on last night. I won't be able to do that till either later tonight or tomorrow. Shooting from a chair isn't something I normally do. I think it ia a fluke but I shot a 2 1/4" total. Will post it later when I can.

Comment

I've shot it the last two days but I used the whole sheet of paper and haven't bothered to post it. I will shoot it again today, mostly because I hate feeling like it's beating me.

Comment

Nope. Same story as the last two days although not as far left on the paper. Pitiful though.Click image for larger version

Name:	20170223_112738.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	24486013

Gary

Comment

Not great but better than last week. 9 3/4" total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't beat yourself up on this challenge. It's pretty tough. If there were an aiming spot on the paper it would be much easier. It isn't easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X