Need recommendations for field points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need recommendations for field points

I am now using Gold Tip Traditional arrow shafts in a 600 spine. I finally have the length dialed in and it appears to shoot best with 150 grain point. I bought some field points from On Target, but they ended up being too wide for the shaft. They shoot great but are a pain to pull from the target.

Could someone post a link to some field points in the proper diameter at 150 grains for a 600 spine carbon arrow? The best I could come up with were 125 grain. I'm just looking for good field points.

Todd

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Most of the heavier field tips I've shot (125+) have been hard to pull from the target. I don't know why, but I've just gotten used to yanking them out!! I buy mine from Big Jim's though.

Comment

You need a 17/64" point, but i don't know of one made that is 150gr. You can get 9/32" points in 145gr, that have a tapered tail end that will work fine.

These are the ones I use on my 17/64" FMJ shafts: http://www.kustomkingarchery.com/Eas...nfo/4404/1602/

Bisch

Comment

Did Hell freeze over... is this a thread about bows on a bow hunting forum?

....yes I know it's been a while since I've posted relevant content but it's so hard when all I see are Trump posts.

Comment

I use Top Hat Apex or Convex points. They're great points, stainless, stay tight and points don't blunt easily. You can get them at Lancaster or 3 Rivers. http://www.3riversarchery.com/tophat...in-points.html
          I also use them on GT Warriors, GT UL Hunters and Black Eagle Outlaw and Instinct. The Apex I use are 5/16" and will be fractionally oversize on the GT but still pretty easy to pull from targets. The Convex are also oversized but easy to pull with their tapered rear section.

Fred
          Last edited by fwood; 02-26-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Easy pull points in several weights are available at Kustom King archery supplies for less than $5 a dozen. I'm running 175 grain and the taper at the back end makes them easier to remove from the target.

Or the wood backstop when I don't do my part correctly.

Comment

Top Hat, a little expensive but tapered perfectly for Gold Tip trads, I get them from 3Rivers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Chuck them up in a drill and use a file to taper the back, or you can do like I do and chuck them up in a drill and taper the back slightly on my table top belt sander.

Or like others have mentioned here you can buy them already tapered on the rear. The lightest I have found already tapered on the rear were 175 grain but I haven't bought any for over a year now so they may be producing lighter ones by now.

Comment

Kustom King Traditional Archery, your kingdom for all things traditional archery with a wide selection fo bow and arrow traditional archery supplies, archery gear, and archery equipment. Traditional bows and arrows for sale.

Kustom King Traditional Archery, your kingdom for all things traditional archery with a wide selection fo bow and arrow traditional archery supplies, archery gear, and archery equipment. Traditional bows and arrows for sale.

KK has them up to 225 grains and as low as 100 grains.

Comment

Working...
                  X