Fletching Arrows at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching Arrows at home

I have been talking to some friends and have decided that I am going to try my hand at fletching my own arrows at home. Everyone as told me how easy it is so I figured who better to ask than the green screen. Any tips or recommendation on jigs would be appreciated.

Arizona e-z fletch,

Comment

Arizona EZ fletcher mini makes quick work of re fletching. I use loctite super glue gel. A little goes along way.

Comment

Bitzenberger is the best on the market. But just about any jig will do the job as long as your process is good.

Comment

take your time and use a good quality glue, make sure the shaft is clean and if your using blazers make extra sure to wipe the bases clean with denatured alcohol , works great to wipe down the shafts too,

Comment

I bought a Bitz. It is supposed to be the best and allows for different fletching.

I am having a hard time getting consistent placement and it really shows up in flight.

If I was only doing hunting shafts.... AZ easy fletch

Comment

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
              Arizona e-z fletch,
              Which one should I get? There are several options.

The carbon straight?

Comment

Fletching glue is considered addictive, it is also a gateway habit to other habits that get you into trouble with your spouse.

Comment

I mark my jig w/ an engraver to make sure that my measurement from the base of the arrow is exactly the same every time. I have a Jojan multifletcher. I like it, but rarely use the "multi" feature. I like to take my time a little more than that to make darn sure that everything is place exactly perfectly. Knowing myself, I'm probably a little more **** retentive than most folks. I like my Jojan ok, but lots of folks say the Bitzenburger is the way to go. I've never used one. Rest assured, you will mess up and you will have some that you put together that you're just not quite pleased with. You'll end up stripping them clean and starting again until you get your system down and are happy with it. When I'm done refletching, I number each arrow. Once the glue has cured well, I go shoot. I will take note of any that don't fly as well as the others, or may be just consistently a little off. If I have that, I will strip the bad flyer down and fletch again. I take my best and most consistent flyers and use them as my hunting arrows.

Comment

Arizona EZ fletch. Easy on the glue but make sure it is a steady stream. I also like to put a drop of glue on the front and back of each fetching as well.

I personally like using arrow wraps as well. Make sure your surfaces are clean and oil/grease free!

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                      Arizona EZ fletch. Easy on the glue but make sure it is a steady stream. I also like to put a drop of glue on the front and back of each fetching as well.

I personally like using arrow wraps as well. Make sure your surfaces are clean and oil/grease free!
                      X2.....a wrap is easier to clean off than 3 vanes IMO. Wraps aren't very expensive in the grand scheme of things and very easy to apply.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                        Bitzenberger is the best on the market. But just about any jig will do the job as long as your process is good.
                        Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                        take your time and use a good quality glue, make sure the shaft is clean and if your using blazers make extra sure to wipe the bases clean with denatured alcohol , works great to wipe down the shafts too,
                        This^^^ Get the Bitz!

Comment

Lightly sand arrow. Wipe down with acetone. Wipe fletching base down with acetone. Thin strip of fletchtite and wait about 15 min. Pull arrow and tip each end of fletching with Glue.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post

This. I like the Az EZ mini with the right helical.

Comment

Originally posted by Fla Hunter View Post
                              Arizona EZ fletcher mini makes quick work of re fletching. I use loctite super glue gel. A little goes along way.
                              THIS!! plus wipe arrow down with acetone

Comment

Working...
                              X