Milo in spin feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milo in spin feeders

How does straight milo do in spin feeders? I am worried the seed is so small that it will just pour out or the coons will spin it out.

I want to put some in our deer feeders this offseason to keep the turkeys around.

I used to do it. Works fine

Comment

mix it

We have mixed it 50/50 with corn and it worked great

Comment

What kind of spin plate do you have on your feeders? Turkeys like corn and milo, and you could also throw in some hen scratch too.

Comment

We mix milo and sunflower in our corn feeders to help feed the quail as well to keep doves around all year, and turkey around in the spring time.

Comment

Agreed on mixing it/buying mixed with something such as corn.

Comment

Just choke up on your spinner plate a little and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mikem View Post
                We have mixed it 50/50 with corn and it worked great
                Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                We mix milo and sunflower in our corn feeders to help feed the quail as well to keep doves around all year, and turkey around in the spring time.
                If I have learned anything from this site.. You have to mix it with Pea Gravel

Comment

i have mixed it 1/5 with corn just fine but mainly for quail. turkeys will hang around with corn just fine

Comment

Works great with eliminator spin plate. Been feeding turkeys for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Worked great when I hunted Brady. Took up zero space basically

I could put 6 bags of corn in feeder and 1 bag of milo. A little on top of each bag. It’s so small it just fills in the gaps in the corn. We were covered in turkeys all year long

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
                        1/4" or less

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
                          1/4" or less and or like said mixin some corn it will slow up/stop freeflow

Comment

Filled them up 50/50 well mixed. Will be back there in 5 weeks to see how it held up.

Comment

Working...
                            X