Remove dead stop from z7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove dead stop from z7

I want to remove the dead stop and replace with an Athens Anchor Stop. However when I tried to remove the dead stop by unscrewing the the stud from the riser, it appeared that the brass grommet was unscrewing from the riser as well. I'm not sure if they have corroded together or if that is how the bow was manufactured. Any ideas?

No idea but I might take the dead end stop off your hands if you are getting rid of it.

Comment

call a Mathews dealer/shop and ask...

Comment

Is the other stop any better?

Why change?

Comment

Originally posted by riohondo View Post
          I want to remove the dead stop and replace with an Athens Anchor Stop. However when I tried to remove the dead stop by unscrewing the the stud from the riser, it appeared that the brass grommet was unscrewing from the riser as well. I'm not sure if they have corroded together or if that is how the bow was manufactured. Any ideas?
          This is "normal". Had a few do that in the shop.

Remove the stop, exposing the stud, then find a wrench or pliers that will fit the stud well, turn as if tightening the stud until the brass grommet seats, then give it one more firm turn, then use a quick turn in the other direction(CCW) to 'break" loose the grip the stud has against the grommet.

I have had this method work 3 out 4 times, the 4th, I had to remove the grommet, apply a small amount of blue locktite between grommet and riser threads... tighten down, let it set, then break the stud loose.

Comment

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Working...
            X