No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It feels pretty good out this morning and should feel even better the next couple of days with lows in upper 50s and highs in 80s. So everyone do your come on fall we need some rain dance, it's time.

Comment

This bosque county fire is about contained if anyone wants to no. Been here over 24hrs.

Comment

Where abouts is/was it TO? I've been watching them all day from the house on the news.

Comment

TG, check this site. http://ticc.tamu.edu/Response/FireActivity/

Looks like it was south of the dam?

The link came from a fire thread post on the Campfire forum.

Comment

The fire is south of the Dam around the intersection of 2114 and 56. From what I can see it's burned several hundred acres and was contained last night. But spot fires are flaring up and it could start rolling again.
            Last edited by team obsession; 09-05-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Feels like a good day to be out scouting! Have a happy labor day.

Comment

Came home earlier from eating and could see smoke and smell burning wood down the road from my house.Still don't know where it was but was a little scary knowing that there are petroleum holding tanks close to my house, and the smoke was back in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                  It so would have been. But me and my dad spent the day shooting our bows and having a good time.

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Cabelas is the devil...They have subliminal messages once you enter,All designed to make you spend more money than you planned on. We did get to spend some time with Mr.Witt after Cabelas.He is still the only one I trust with my bow .. Bought a dozen Bemans from him also..

Comment

Lol. I knew you'd get more than just the 3d suit and scale

"Aim small, miss small"

Comment

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
                        I went out yesterday afternoon from 6 till dark. It was a nice little walk in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                          I went out yesterday afternoon from 6 till dark. It was a nice little walk in the woods.
                          yep, me n my son went and tested out the new mtn bikes, put out some corn, seen 10 deer in the area we picked out to setup...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG IRON View Post
                            I did the same but the tree I sat in must have had a million cicadas cause it was deafening and I swore the tree would vibrate. Upside was I could fart and burp without being heard

Comment

What do you guys think about throwing fresh corn on the cob? I was at the grocery store yesterday before going down and picked up 7 for a $. I put it out with some bagged corn so we witt see what if anything is left when I go back to check things out. I'm sure they will tear it up before the bag corn.

Comment

Im curious bout that too. Let us know

Comment

Working...
                                X