Rookie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie Question

I shoot a 2006 Bowtec Allegence. I want a smooth bow now due to some injuries over the years. I'm not crippled but I can't do long practice sessions like before. Question: When I draw the Bowtec it seems like the valley is really short. Like after the let-off the string doesn't travel far at all. Will an Elite or Matthews be any better or should I stick to my Bowtec? I'm just looking for comfort in my next bow. Thanks for the help.

you can search for smooth mods for your bow. right now it sounds like you have speed mods on it. that bow can be made easier to draw, and lots of others have less severe draw cycles. total draw weight is a factor also. turn yours down, change the mods and then decide if you want something else.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
      you can search for smooth mods for your bow. right now it sounds like you have speed mods on it. that bow can be made easier to draw, and lots of others have less severe draw cycles. total draw weight is a factor also. turn yours down, change the mods and then decide if you want something else.
      This seems like reasonable advise right here. I am not familiar with Bowtech and mods but I think before you give up on your current bow you might just try this change. Good luck.
      Now if you are just needing and excuse to buy a new bow, like a lot of us are, then I can recommend you go try Mathews. I shoot a S2 (switchback) and have had a great time with it. I am looking forward to shooting the new Helium after Christmas and see what that is all about. Good luck, shoot a lot of different bows and I bet you can find something that suits you.

Comment

I shoot a Tribute & Guardian. the smooth Mods make a big differance IMO, shooting bows is the only way you can really find what you are looking for.

Comment

Should have been more clear guys. I put smooth mods in it and still don't care for it. I picked up a Helim Monday and my wallet ran for the door. Think i will try the Matthews first, it's a good start I guess. Some stuff is about to get sold!

Comment

Mathews Z-7 Extreme smoothest bow I have ever shot

Comment

Make sure to try out many different bows. In my opinion, Hoyt has the smoothest draw of any bow out there. I shoot a maxxis 31 and i love it. I have it set around 67 lbs and can shoot it for a full practice session without a problem, but i have tried to shoot a mathews and after about 20 shots i get tired. So give hoyt a try, you might be surprised.

Comment

Will do. The place I shop has both.

Comment

Hoyt

I have a Maxxis and a Vectrix in the classifieds.

Comment

Don't know what draw weight you intend to get but I would keep it at no more than 60#. I'm a Mathews shooter but try out different bows before buying. Everybody has their own opinion on what's a smooth draw.

Comment

I'm at 62# now. Really don't want to go lighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X