The Truth for Fathers Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Truth for Fathers Day

I hope all fathers had a fantastic day with their kids/family. I sure did...

My lib brother-in law/ wife came to our house this evening for fathers day. Yes I cooked for them....lol

After a few cocktails (the Buffalo Trace made me poke the snake) I asked them what they thought was important to teach to their kids. The answer I received was broken at best. After they left, I called my dad to ask the same question. It took many years but I have a good relationship with my father now as I have gotten older. I also called to thank him for instilling in me some basic principals.

So my question to the green screen is....What is importation enough for you to pass to your kids?

I am sure some will fire back answers. However, this question is more complicated than it seems especially in this day/age.

Brian

God, respect your military and veterans, don't be a bully , but also don't put up with anyones crap, help others, take care of family first, and know a little about a lot instead of being a expert at one.

Comment

Honor.........
      Everything else.......
      Will follow...

Comment

Place God first, family second, everything else will fall in its natural order. Listen more than you speak (challenge for me), don’t be too proud to ask for help. Don’t be afraid to fail, you will never be better if you don’t give it a go, it’s how you handle failure that matters.

Live it, more is caught than taught.

Comment

One of the biggest things for me is to always be a giver and not a taker in life. In other words, live your life focused on what you can do for others and do not always focus on what's in it for me. Most of the greatest people this world has ever seen have focused their lives on service, sacrifice, and giving themselves for the sake of others. Many broken, miserable, and lonely people are self centered, selfish, and only concerned about themselves. This world has become a detached, overly materially driven, cesspool of me, me, me. My personal opinion is that true riches in life are only achieved when you put others before yourself on a daily basis. If you think about it, this really applies to any situation across the board (being a good parent, being a Godly person, being a true leader, giving of yourself within your community, etc....). I have tried to impress this upon my children.
          Last edited by rockyraider; 06-17-2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

That’s a long list of things I want to pass on to my kids.

The top of the list is God, family, work.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
              That’s a long list of things I want to pass on to my kids.

The top of the list is God, family, work.
              I believe all of the above answers as good; this one ^^^ is to he point and covers everything necessary.

Comment

All the above with strong work ethic. The Geico commercial. with the kid stranded on side of road that doesn't know what a lug wrench looks like, always gets to me. It's simple things like that, that needs to be taught. I have one son across the U.S. and one across the ocean. Those calls I receive always make me smile.

Comment

My dad never taught me much. Except for how not to live your life or treat your children. I've learned most things on my own through heart ache,pain and failure. I suppose if I ever had a child,which I hope to God I never do,they'll learn the most valuable lessons in life the same way.

They'd need to learn to never make babies that they don't plan on taking care of. If someone messes with you,beat their ***. But don't go lookin for a fight. Stand up for what you believe in,be honest and respect your elders or anyone else for that matter. Be kind to others but don't ever trust nobody. Work hard to get to where you want to be in life. Things won't just happen for you in life. There are people that sit around and wait for things to happen. Then there are people that make things happen....make things happen. Don't be afraid to mess up in life. It happens.....

I guess most of all they'd learn to keep their hands off other people's stuff,stay out of drugs and stay out of other people's business. Nobody in life will do you any favors so keep yourself happy and let everyone else do their own thing.
                  Last edited by okrattler; 06-18-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

all the above

Comment

God, family, work. I try very hard to show my daughter how much I love and respect my wife an hope she grasp how a lady is supposed to be treated. Not to settle for anything but reach for your full potential

Comment

Great stuff guys. I think too many folks lose sight of what's important.

Comment

God (above all even their parents)
                          family
                          friends

Comment

The things we are consistent about is, having a relationship with GOD through JESUS, that it isn't about religion, that JESUS is your Saviour, live for Him. Study the BIBLE and live by its words. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Work, get a job or pursue a passion and make a living at it. Take care of your family, provide for them, protect them. Life is worth living. You are only as good as the company you keep. Be a man. Its ok to make mistakes, just learn from them and don't repeat them. Have compassion for your fellow man. Help those in need. Enjoy the outdoors, fish, hunt, eat what you catch or kill. Find a woman that has the same beliefs as you, love her, spend the rest of your life with her. Being married is work, not a fantasy tv show. I also probably taught them some things I shouldn't have

Comment

Free choice and it’s benefits and consequences, I teach my boys 10 and 7 to believe and trust in God, respect your parents and elders, just because other kids do something and it seemed cool and he didn’t get caught/ punished by teacher or parents will live their lives not abiding by rules or laws as they grow to adulthood’. I’ll be 55 in a few weeks and these are my only kids so I feel like I have to teach them as the last of The boomer generation. Like others have said here teach them the basics daily and correct as needed, Aldo liked everybody should know basic MAN stuff like how to change a tire or oil, repair/replace a faucet. Just my .02 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X