Mesquite Trees Dying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mesquite Trees Dying?

Was out at the lease last weekend west of Haskell and I noticed a lot of Mesquite trees that appear to be dying.

It looked like the trees tried to leaf out but then just stopped, leaves turned yellow and fell off of the tree.

I thought that they might have been sprayed, but the land owner has not had that done and neither has the farmer.

Any ideas?

Late frost.....
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

The gods have smiled upon you it would seem. Hope they get the rest too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
        Late frost.....
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

I bet they are not dying. Mesquite, hogs, and fire ants will be the only things a live on earth one day.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
            I bet they are not dying. Mesquite, hogs, and fire ants will be the only things a live on earth one day.
            And roaches.

Comment

Could be over spray from farmer, he would never admit it.

Comment

Was in haskell this weekend mine were fine. I bet yours got sprayed or something. That would be my guess

Comment

Borer beetles?

Comment

It was either that late frost we had. Or neighbors weed sprayed and drifted over and burned the leaves off. Too early to spray mesquite, but weed spraying will burn the leaves.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                      I ain't doing nothing to the mesquites, but I'm trying like hell to hurt the other two !

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        Borer beetles?
                        These things killed a cpl of trees I planted about 10 yrs ago at the ranch, by they time I realized their was a problem it was to late to save them

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                          Could be over spray from farmer, he would never admit it.
                          THat stuff there putting on cotton these days is ruff..so if there is cotton around maybe

Comment

Working...
                          X