No announcement yet.

Let's Go on a GoPro Snowboarding Trip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only ones they had were at the bottom on greens. Small stuff.

Plus my old butt tries to keep it on the ground these days. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      That accent just doesn't match the skills on that video
      Apparently it does because that is just a green bunny hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
        Is that Ski Apache?
        If so...I had the best sking season my last (1991) while stationed over at HollomanAFB
        great place
        I grew up on Holloman!!!

Nice Video BO. We are taking the kids out to Cloudcroft next week.

Comment

Apache is hit or miss. Usually it is not 100% open. Mostly about 50. It was great last weekend. Apache Bowl was even open.

Comment

Those groomers look pretty fast. We went to Taos a few weeks ago, it was good. First time going to Taos and probably the best snow I'll ever ride in New Mexico.

Comment

They were awesome black groomers. Meh, personally having boarded for 25 years all over the place most New Mexico small resort blacks are blues with a few sections of black.

Taos however is another story. One of the top extreme terrain mountains in North America.

Comment

I miss boarding something fierce as it's been about 15 years since I've strapped a board on. I'd love to go again someday but my knees and my foot won't allow it.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing those video's. It's been way too long since I have been to Apache. Not a super high difficulty Mountain unless you try Screaming Eagle or Wild Onion. But I dig it. Going to have to put a trip together for next year.

Comment

I was at Kirkwood and Heavenly last month. Plenty of hardcore terrain there.

Apache was a bonus. I was working in El Paso. Yeah I will skip out of the office early on Friday and drive home Sunday.

Win.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Apache is hit or miss. Usually it is not 100% open. Mostly about 50. It was great last weekend. Apache Bowl was even open.
                      I didn't look like there was much of a base. The whole area hasn't seen the usual amounts of snow in the last 10 years it seems. Growing up we could usually ski at Apache by Thanksgiving day but I hear that is hit or miss these days.

Comment

Makes me want to get out there! I haven't been on a snowboard or skis in 16 years and I used to be a ski instructor.

Comment

Maybe that slope was dark green

Great videos. I had to watch them again! Wish I was there
                          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-10-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Is snowboarding easier than skiing? I just started skiing and was just wondering. I figure it is different for everyone.

Comment

Much harder than skiing. Anyone that has ever water skied or skated and stuff can pick up on skiing rather quickly.

On a board you end up on the ground the whole first day. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                                I didn't look like there was much of a base. The whole area hasn't seen the usual amounts of snow in the last 10 years it seems. Growing up we could usually ski at Apache by Thanksgiving day but I hear that is hit or miss these days.
                                33" mid mountain base in March is amazing for Apache.

Comment

Working...
                                X