2018 Offical Texas Rangers Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but Elvis looks like he hit the ice cream buffet on a regular basis while he was out.

Dad bod. Hopefully he gets back into a groove at the plate soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hamels having a good night.

Anyone know what Y. Mendez did to get shipped back to RR? "Violation of team rules"?

Comment

They are being pretty tight lipped about Yohander. It was bad enough to ship him back to Texas but only enough to bench Odor tonight.

Comment

So, as i've gotten older i've gotten much more cynical about sports. But, once in awhile i read a story that brings me back to the greatness of sports. This is one of those stories. I knew i liked IKF. I think that kid is one helluva ballplayer. I didn't know he and Jose' Trevino are best friends. I witnessed the game winning sequence the other day. I could tell from the first replay that IKF never had any intention of slowing down when he rounded third base. He was hell bent on scoring that run. He hit another gear going from third to home. BUT, he scored, slammed that hat down, and went into hyper speed to get to Trevino. IKF wanted to score the run that got his buddy his first MLB rbi, on Fathers Day, seven days after the birth of his son, knowing the story of Trevino and his dad. What a moment. I'll admit it, i'm what a lot of folks would call a big 'ol boy, i got misty eyed reading this story. Pure greatness. I wish nothing but the best for IKF and Jose' Trevino.

I think the roster will look pretty different after the trade deadline. I hope IKF gets a regular spot, and i hope Trevino is back sooner rather than later.

PS: I thought it was the height of human cruelty for E. Jones to keep that microphone stuck in front of Trevino when he was so clearly having trouble gathering himself. Boo hiss.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            So, as i've gotten older i've gotten much more cynical about sports. But, once in awhile i read a story that brings me back to the greatness of sports. This is one of those stories. I knew i liked IKF. I think that kid is one helluva ballplayer. I didn't know he and Jose' Trevino are best friends. I witnessed the game winning sequence the other day. I could tell from the first replay that IKF never had any intention of slowing down when he rounded third base. He was hell bent on scoring that run. He hit another gear going from third to home. BUT, he scored, slammed that hat down, and went into hyper speed to get to Trevino. IKF wanted to score the run that got his buddy his first MLB rbi, on Fathers Day, seven days after the birth of his son, knowing the story of Trevino and his dad. What a moment. I'll admit it, i'm what a lot of folks would call a big 'ol boy, i got misty eyed reading this story. Pure greatness. I wish nothing but the best for IKF and Jose' Trevino.

I think the roster will look pretty different after the trade deadline. I hope IKF gets a regular spot, and i hope Trevino is back sooner rather than later.

PS: I thought it was the height of human cruelty for E. Jones to keep that microphone stuck in front of Trevino when he was so clearly having trouble gathering himself. Boo hiss.

Enjoy.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/tex...promise-father

I didn't know about their friendship either, but as soon as he crossed home and headed to 1st I knew that was not just the kid's first walkoff...there was obviously something more to it. Awesome stuff for them.

I thought it was a little awkward for EJ as well, but she's trying to make TV, and she seemed to also be giving him leading questions to try to help him deliver a cliche and get on out of there.

I heart EJ, and IKF.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              I didn't know about their friendship either, but as soon as he crossed home and headed to 1st I knew that was not just the kid's first walkoff...there was obviously something more to it. Awesome stuff for them.

I thought it was a little awkward for EJ as well, but she's trying to make TV, and she seemed to also be giving him leading questions to try to help him deliver a cliche and get on out of there.

I heart EJ, and IKF.
              Agreed. Truthfully it probably a producer in her ear telling her to hang in there. It was just a little too long for me. EJ is alright.

Comment

So far so good for the AB-D / IKF battery tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I heart EJ, and IKF.

Making note when Moser dislikes IKF in 2-3 years..

Comment

[emoji23]

Comment

ABD is not flashy but he gets it done. Sucks that we have all these highly paid scrubs and he has to struggle to get up here and make the league minimum....if even in the bullpen. I'm not saying he is a top pitcher but he's certainly somebody that gets it done more than not. A 4th or 5th he can be moreso than what we have. Yes this is KC but he's shown he could be as good or better than some of the hacks when having throwing the ball this year.

Comment

Nice to see him get deep, also nice to see Banny pull him before he got shelled.

Comment

Nice way to end the game for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                            Nice way to end the game for the win.

Yup. Diggin’ IKF

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Yup. Diggin’ IKF
                              Diek didn't seem to dig it. He nearly got his nose shifted!

5 in a row! GO RANGERS!

Comment

8-1 final Rangers. 6 in a row

Comment

Working...
                                X