No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AT&T is good around Clayton and Verizon was real bad. The last couple week it looks like Verizon added equipment to the tower so now I have 3 bars of G3 but AT&T is still better at 4G

Comment

I have Sprint and can only get a roaming signal. When I need to check in a deer I go into Clayton and use the wifi at the public library. I can sit in my truck and get a connection.

Comment

We get clear service (AT&T) East of Nashoba. I can see the tower across the river from our place. This was not the case 4 years ago.

Part of me longs for "the good old days" when no one could get to me while I was in the mountains. Now that the kids are more active here I like having access.

Weatherman has Friday's chance of rain down to 90%. [emoji3]

Comment

NW of Rattan we have little service with AT&T. Fine by me, but every now and again it's good to have service. Hoping the deer are moving this weekend as I hope to be in a tree Friday afternoon. One of our member is there now and has little activity. Good luck!

Comment

very spotty on Sprint on the east side of Nashoba. At&t working there though. Planning on using the walkie talkies for stand communication. Tried using them two weeks ago but didn't have good batteries. Will try them again this weekend with new batteries.
            Any of yall at the "Redneck Camp" on 144?

Comment

If any of y'all happen to see a single trailer camp with a white flatbed chevy west of 88000 between Cloudy Nashoba Trail and Cloudy Road, give my good friend John a hearty hello. He's too **** old to be up there alone and he'll be there from now till December. I'll make it up there for Thanksgiving but besides that he's going solo. He's the last of the old men I used to go with still able to make it up there. I worry about him everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                very spotty on Sprint on the east side of Nashoba. At&t working there though. Planning on using the walkie talkies for stand communication. Tried using them two weeks ago but didn't have good batteries. Will try them again this weekend with new batteries.

Any of yall at the "Redneck Camp" on 144?

I got some of the 15 mile rated walkies last year and they are useless from one side of the lease to the other. Sucks considering the property is only 450 acres. With the mountains and trees they just don't work right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
                  NW of Rattan we have little service with AT&T. Fine by me, but every now and again it's good to have service. Hoping the deer are moving this weekend as I hope to be in a tree Friday afternoon. One of our member is there now and has little activity. Good luck!

I have verizon in Cloudy and it works pretty well at the top of my property. There is a cell company in Antlers and Clayton called Pine Mountain cellular. My neighbor has one and says it works all over the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kva393 View Post
                    I have verizon in Cloudy and it works pretty well at the top of my property. There is a cell company in Antlers and Clayton called Pine Mountain cellular. My neighbor has one and says it works all over the area.

I heard some locals talking about pine mountain. This may be the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                      I got some of the 15 mile rated walkies last year and they are useless from one side of the lease to the other. Sucks considering the property is only 450 acres. With the mountains and trees they just don't work right.

I think the ones I have are rated 35 miles or something like that. I know how the cover and hills can effect them. Mine and the wife's stands are about 700 yards apart, so I am hoping they work between us. I could hear here last time, but she couldn't hear me. Hoping it was just the low batteries??

Comment

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

First buck to show at my feeder. It's only been up for a year and a half!

Age? We are thinking 4 1/2.

Last edited by B G; 10-12-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
                          I think the ones I have are rated 35 miles or something like that. I know how the cover and hills can effect them. Mine and the wife's stands are about 700 yards apart, so I am hoping they work between us. I could hear here last time, but she couldn't hear me. Hoping it was just the low batteries??

I went and checked the box on mine and they have a 30 mile range but in the mountains that is shortened considerably.

Comment

Have any of you luck with winch up tripod feeders and bears not destroy them? Thinking ahead for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
                              Have any of you luck with winch up tripod feeders and bears not destroy them? Thinking ahead for next year.

So far we are batting .000 with tripod feeders. The last was up for about a year before the bears decided to rip it a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
                                https://youtu.be/0QibPnilLSk

First buck to show at my feeder. It's only been up for a year and a half!

Age? We are thinking 4 1/2.

I'm guessing 3 1/2. He's got a pretty tight belly.

Comment

Working...
                                X