No announcement yet.

Bow Exploded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work for Rytera (Martin Elite Series) and they have great customer service, they will get you taken care of..... Sorry to see this happen. If you have any trouble, feel free to shoot me a pm and I will help you out any way possible!!!

I have seen this before. While putting a Rip Cord on, a tech cut a few strands of string and 30 or 40 shots later it exploded.

Mike

Comment

I have had this happen to me many years ago and the company took full responsability. It wasn't a Martin, just to say they will take care of it! So glad you didn't get hurt any more than you did. And thank you for not sueing! They will make things right. Good company.

Comment

I don't know abouot a Firecat either they had a guy buy one at my buddies pro shop and he blew it up the second day he had it. The limbs blew completely in half. He had to have another and had it for no more than two weeks and blew it up also.

Anyway glad to see there was no major injury like loss of sight or something like that. Your a good man for not suing, we need more people out there to follow your example as far as that goes.

Comment

Holy crap. Glad you're ok. Good for you for giving the company a chance to make it right instead of just dropping everything to sue and see what you can take. Good ole fashioned bidness. The way it should be.

Comment

Sue em!!!JJ. I would expect them to send you the best bow they got!!!

Comment

****, that is scary. Glad you are OK. I hope they treat you right.

Comment

lucky you didnt get hurt worse. sorry about you and your bow.

Comment

the heck with suing them. just tell them you want a new bow and a date with the martin girl. surely they can swing that.

Comment

Wow. Glad to see your okay. Let us know how it turns out with the company.

Comment

Originally posted by hopco.boy View Post
                      the heck with suing them. just tell them you want a new bow and a date with the martin girl. surely they can swing that.
                      Worthless without pictures. With my luck they'd call my house on the weekend and my wife would answer

Glad you're OK. While it's a PIA, checking a bow before shooting for cracks/splits in the limbs may catch a problem before it explodes. For the record, I do not do it every time.

Comment

I would definitely demand a top of the line fully rigged bow from them. Whoever set the bow up should be held responsible as well.

Comment

That's part of what's wrong with America! Too many sue happy people!

It's fortunate that you weren't hurt worse.
                          You said that it was the css system, that was striped. Is that a manufacturer's issue or user error?
                          It was a 2010 Martin Cheetah. All of it was setup by the retailer. I sent them both an email today. It scared the wife pretty bad cause the kids had just been put to bed. She kept saying "what if it had hurt the kids". I wouldn't sue I'm not that kind of a guy. I want them to just make this right.
                          I have never sued anybody for anything but since it doesn't seem to be user error I would strongly suggest they cover my medical bill as well as send a new bow. I agree to much sueing going on these days sometimes over trivial sh!@, but IMHO this wouldn't be one of those times. If they didn't offer to cover expenses I probably would sue for at least expenses if it were me.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_armond View Post
                            I don't know abouot a Firecat either they had a guy buy one at my buddies pro shop and he blew it up the second day he had it. The limbs blew completely in half. He had to have another and had it for no more than two weeks and blew it up also.

Anyway glad to see there was no major injury like loss of sight or something like that. Your a good man for not suing, we need more people out there to follow your example as far as that goes.
                            I have the 09 Firecat Pro X , best bow made hands down........ Step to the plate with your Bowtech,, be sure to bring some cash....

Comment

Holy cow! Glad you weren't seriously injured. I shoot a Martin as well. I was considering upgrading from a cable slide to a CCS. I may think twice about that now. Anyone have an opinion on cable slides vs CCS?

I've always been a little paranoid about the string letting go at full draw and coming down on my eye. I just thought I had target panic! Now I can add bow panic to the list of issues.

Comment

I tried to contact Martin Archery yesterday. I sent them an email and called. There is an automated answering machine from which you can select a rep. I tried to get Joel but it went straight to tech help. Here you were asked to leave a message of only your name and number...

Comment

Working...
                                X