Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

milling wood around the Bexar/Wilson Co. area

All,

Looks like I am taking advantage of Dusty Britches' (Tracey) good heartedness by taking those big cedar logs off their hands. Many thanks to Tracey!!!

I don't own a mill band saw and given the size that she said they have, I will either need to buy one ($$$$), or find someone that can mill them for me for a reasonable price. Looks like the diameter we are talking about are anywhere from 8 to around 30 inches or so.

If anyone knows of someone with reasonable pricing, or someone that wants a little extra money on the side that has their own, let me know. Also, any other good advice would be helpful

I saw that post and responded but felt the 6+hrs round trip drive was to much. I have a sawmill and can mill it. I would be interested in swapping out services for wood.Please feel free to PM me and we can discuss things further.

Comment

there is a company in between San Antonio and Floresville on Hwy 181
      Faifer (sp?) I think is the name, they do alot with Mesquite, cutting boards, mantles, etc. they might be able to help you.

If you are going south on 181 they are on the left as you go past FM775

Comment

thanks for the info. I will look them up

Comment

The Sekula's down at Three Oaks had a big commercial milling set up, not sure if they are still milling.

Comment

thanks. I will look them up

Comment

There's a place off of Evans in Selma that looks like a working mill. It's just to the northeast of the Retama Equine Center. I'm not sure if it is a business or not but I see lots of wood around the yard.

EDIT: It's on the corner of Evans and Old Evans
              Last edited by AlaskaFlyerFan; 06-05-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I have a friend that can do it near Elmendorf. Dean Rapp is his name # is 210-296-6330. New Braunfels has a mill there also. Faifer is just a couple miles away from me, neighbor owns it, I can ask if they do other peoples wood.They make mostly wood flooring.
                Tell Dean you got the # from Daniel Fisher formerly from Big Tex Trailers.

Comment

There is a an old hippie by the restruant at lake mcqueeny that makes wood furniture and sells wood that you could ask

Comment

That is Michael, stopped by and saw him today. He takes his stuff to New Braunfels, there is a place that lets you cut your own by the hour I believe.

Comment

Did you already find a place to mill the logs for you? There is another place on 281 north of San Antonio that you could try. It is on the southbound side maybe half a mile south of 1863. There's a little drive through coffee stand right in front of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X