New addition to the man cave.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to the man cave.

I had the idea to build this about a year ago. I looked around and did not know what I was going to do with all my euros and Tobin had 2 more coming. So I cut down the cedar at my buddies farm. I had some cedar 1”x2”s from another project. Made a box with the cedar and a piece of 3/4” plywood for the bottom. I filled it with expanding foam after screwing the cedar post to the plywood. I trimmed all of the foam up and made some holes to glue rocks in a various depths. Then added some fake grass and moss. My wife told me it was better than what she thought it was going to be. LOL....anyway just thought I would share. I wish I would have taken pics along the way. Now I just have to find a new place to put my bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks good...well done Gary!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      That looks good...well done Gary!
      Well thank you Joel. It took me way to long. I started it about a year ago. LOL... just been to busy with other stuff.

Comment

I had this exact same idea for my euro but couldn’t really find any pictures of it. Thanks for this. I might do a bigger post and put them on both sides. Nice work!

Comment

very nice

Comment

That is very nice!

Comment

Very Nice. Good job!

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Greylight318 View Post
                  I had this exact same idea for my euro but couldn’t really find any pictures of it. Thanks for this. I might do a bigger post and put them on both sides. Nice work!

I also had the intentions of putting them on both sides. When I put them up there to look at it I did not like it. The antlers where covering up the skull and if I separated them to where they were not covering they were way to far apart. When I started it I had no idea where I was going to put it. I sure wish I would have made a placement plan before I started. I did not measure the base and it will not go in that corner like I would like to have it. If I build another one I will do some things different.

And thank you.

Comment

I appreciate all the kind words fellas. It took me way to long, but I only worked on it a little here and there when I had time.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Here you go, bowaddict40.
                          Headless nail in floor, hole in bottom not as deep as the nail, so post won't touch floor. Top is a stiff wire, like on a tomato cage. Hole in top deeper than the wire, so post can be slid all the way up. I slid the top hole over wire and slid it up all the way. Then moved bottom of post over bottom nail and lowered. It will now turn 360 deg in any direction. I did leave branch stubs on as hangers.
                          Hope this helps!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                            Here you go, bowaddict40.
                            Headless nail in floor, hole in bottom not as deep as the nail, so post won't touch floor. Top is a stiff wire, like on a tomato cage. Hole in top deeper than the wire, so post can be slid all the way up. I slid the top hole over wire and slid it up all the way. Then moved bottom of post over bottom nail and lowered. It will now turn 360 deg in any direction. I did leave branch stubs on as hangers.
                            Hope this helps!!

That is cool, very nice job. Thank you for the pics.

Comment

Looks great I did something similar but I ripped the post lengthwise so I have a flat surface to screw to the wall

Comment

Working...
                              X