This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs

I've got a 50 lb bag in the truck to add to the pot. Let me know what you think about this bump feeder. I have to find out how big to make the holes, and how long to make it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Man that screw thingy will not last very long. Loop that cable around a tree or a tpost,then bolt your clamp on. Good huntin

Comment

Thanks brother, first time trying this, any help is appreciated. I think i'll attatch it to a tree. It really doesnt have to travel in a circle. It just needs to be there. Thanks again.

Comment

roger that riley now your cooking with gas brother.....the t post is what i use....and a swivel is a life saver....my pipes are about 4 foot and only have 4-8 holes too make them hogs work for the corn....

Comment

Axis

No more Axis or Blackbuck on Hood. They used to frequent the golf course around 1999-2000 but have not heard of anyone, to include the biologists and game wardens, seeing any since then. My guess is that they either were all shot or pushed in to the PDA where most of the big bucks are.

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
            have not seen or heard of any sightings ....didnt know they had axis on hood......

Comment

I finished the bump feeder and filled it today. I think a 4' pipe held close to 30 lbs of corn, if not more. All i have to do is place it and drill the holes. That shouldn't take long.
              Thinking of putting it in the EFMB site. Heard of many soldiers getting run out by hogs. Whats your thoughts?????

Comment

yea there are lots of hogs in that area i actually have a feeder not to far from there....are you going out there today?....im heading out to that area as well to refill one of mine...

Comment

Area

Hey man, you have any over in my area, area 35? I say my area not as ownership but I'm the Chief Guide in Area 35 during the rifle season

James

yea there are lots of hogs in that area i actually have a feeder not to far from there....are you going out there today?....im heading out to that area as well to refill one of mine...

Comment

Mayhem, I'm sending you a PM with my number give me a call, I'm right at 16th and old ironsides

Comment

I'm not in any particular area right now, but I hope to be real soon.

Comment

jbitt,
                        nope none in that area...although ive heard hogs are pretty good on that area...im only in 34 and some of the 70's as of now....i need to know the guides cuz i dont want to mess up their areas....

Comment

Guides

Area 33/34 Chief Guide is SFC Garcia, Ernie. He works at the hospital...good guy! The 70s Areas is a different story with the guides over there...some aren't too friendly, but it's free game to hunt as long as you don't mess their stands up.

James

jbitt,
                          nope none in that area...although ive heard hogs are pretty good on that area...im only in 34 and some of the 70's as of now....i need to know the guides cuz i dont want to mess up their areas....

Comment

Yea i know its all free game but out of respect I would at least talk to the guys whos area Im in so i know where they got there setups and i can setup far way...lol...

Comment

Cool

If only all hunters were like that

James

Yea i know its all free game but out of respect I would at least talk to the guys whos area Im in so i know where they got there setups and i can setup far way...lol...

Comment

Foolish bowhunter, we all know that THERE IS NO BIG GAME IN FORT HOOD! Plenty of snakes tho....

Comment

Working...
                                X