No announcement yet.

"Official" SHNF 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on guys. What's going on out there. They got to be moving on this nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
      Come on guys. What's going on out there. They got to be moving on this nice day.
      arent you out there to find out?

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
        arent you out there to find out?

No. I have to go back to Houston to work on those trucks. I have a month of wiring to do by Tuesday. Going to try and get out there by 3. If I can make some headway on these trucks.

Comment

Well my spot is sucking. Nothing here fellas. Hitting the couch and some football now.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
            From what I understand they leave it. I know when I camped cagle I left my gear.

I'm up and set. Thank God Tod has his GPS. I got lost AGAIN. He got me to the "road" where I believe he said more than once " I think the roads over here" only to be standing on it.
            Tried again to hunt my opening morning stand.....and missed again. I guess I'm gonna hafta break down and buy a good GPS. I'm getting lost too easily, which I normally never do.

Good luck all
            Ha gps is great tool. I try and mark every thing if find, signs, sightings etc. I have nothing to show for it but in your hands I am sure the killing machine would just become more lethal.

Dang buck chaser, another one. Good luck on your track.

Comment

No luck I waited one hour before tracking found Very little blood, also jump her once where she bedded down found little blood on the pine straw.

Comment

Had a single deer at 16yds right as I was able to see alittle. Drew back but couldn't see it good enough for a shot. At 8:30 I seen a huge body 8pt that I have pictures of in velvet at 120yds. Nothing came in close enough in the light. Maybe I can get out later this week one morning.

Comment

Speaking of first light and not being able to see, what do you folks use to get a better look at your deer before deciding to draw? Had one I could have shot the other day but could not decide if it was a doe or nubbin.

Looked at a couple of monoculars at academy but could not determine in the store if they had any light gathering capability.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                    Speaking of first light and not being able to see, what do you folks use to get a better look at your deer before deciding to draw? Had one I could have shot the other day but could not decide if it was a doe or nubbin.

Looked at a couple of monoculars at academy but could not determine in the store if they had any light gathering capability.
                    Just bought a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10X42 Bino's from Arrowsmith, here on TBH. You can't beat 'em!

Comment

Originally posted by deer hunter guy View Post
                      Had a single deer at 16yds right as I was able to see alittle. Drew back but couldn't see it good enough for a shot. At 8:30 I seen a huge body 8pt that I have pictures of in velvet at 120yds. Nothing came in close enough in the light. Maybe I can get out later this week one morning.
                      That's awesome! Good luck to you, I hope you can run an arrow through him!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                        No luck I waited one hour before tracking found Very little blood, also jump her once where she bedded down found little blood on the pine straw.
                        Sorry BC

Comment

Well me and mama where able to sneak out for the evening sit. Hopefully something shows it's mug to us.

Comment

Put my Viper classic in the classifieds section, just in case needs a cheap stand or know someone who does. Asking $80.

Comment

Strange weekend. 2 community scrapes had been just torn up since the rain on Thursday. Marty and I sat all weekend and did not see a deer. Trees are shredded branches broken and what is left is stripped. There was zero movement for us. To make things worse, someone is using corn nearby. We found coyote scat with corn in it. Called the game warden to keep an eye out for hunters in the area. This is just the second week and already have found 1 bait set up and another is obviously in another area we hunt. This is really sucking.

Comment

Been several reported already.

Comment

Working...
                                X