No announcement yet.

Probably getting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe keep some of it; never hurts to have a crack open in the door you may want to go back into. (A couple of bows and some arrows doesn't take anywhere near the room a boat does. )

In posting this thread, I sense you are (maybe even subconsciously) hoping to be dissuaded somewhat. Otherwise, you would have just started with a classified post and moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Maybe keep some of it; never hurts to have a crack open in the door you may want to go back into. (A couple of bows and some arrows doesn't take anywhere near the room a boat does. )

In posting this thread, I sense you are (maybe even subconsciously) hoping to be dissuaded somewhat. Otherwise, you would have just started with a classified post and moved on.
      Yes there is some hesitation. I got myself into shooting bows, unlike anything else that i have done as a hobby this is the only thing that I started on my own. Plus there is a lot of beauty that comes with the various bows that are out there. I have a couple of customer fishing rods and have seen thousands of them. To me they all look the same, just the color of the wrap is different. But a traditional recurve or long bow has sexiness that a fishing rod doesn't.

As a kid that grew up without guns the only two things that i was allowed to have was a sling shot and a bow. Most of my first bows were made with me breaking branches off the trees in the back yard or from trees at the elementary school that i went to.

Yeah i am a little reluctant.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
        I am 45 years old and have been shooting traditional since i was 16 year old. I first bought a Hoyt takedown, all I could afford and I think the only recurve that the shop had that I went to back then.

I did everything with that bow from bow fishing to take several animals with it. I then moved up and purchases several others, from no names, Martin's, and even Sarrels.

I have realized that i just don't shoot much anymore nor do i hunt. I have had a lease for the past 11 years and have only hunted once during that time. I'm the lease's favorite type of hunter. I pay and don't ever go. I even purchased a new target not too long ago thinking that would push me to get in the backyard but it just sits there.

In the near future I think that I am going to slowly sell off what I have and exit this cool sport. I've realized that I enjoy it but I enjoy fishing more and just don't have time to do both.
        Where is the lease you were on?

Comment

If I couldn't hunt I may as well be dead.
          That said I have been plenty happy with a compound and prefer the camo coat most of them wear.
          Trad is something I'd like to be able to do but if I can't get the hang of it and have to go back to just a compound I'll still enjoy the hell out of bowhunting.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X