• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daniel75 View Post

2016 on the left, 2014 on the right

What do y'all think? Same buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i think you are right, good luck getting on him

Comment

Agree. Looking forward to following along as you get it done!

Comment

BG and I made it up from Push last night. Had the pleasure of meeting up with fellow TBH'er ChrisHuff in Antlers for lunch while we were up there. No bucks taken but was able to get a couple does to put some meat in the freezer. Now that I am stocked up I can concentrate on taking a buck. Hopefully can get this guy!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mww982; 11-24-2016, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Happy Turkey Day everyone! Sitting here watching this dam oil heat slowly wishing I was up there. My son and I heading up there tomorrow hoping there are still some good deer left. Good luck!!!! Oh, and I agree, same buck good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mww982 View Post
            BG and I made it up from Push last night. Had the pleasure of meeting up with fellow TBH'er ChrisHuff in Antlers for lunch while we were up there. No bucks taken but was able to get a couple does to put some meat in the freezer. Now that I am stocked up I can concentrate on taking a buck. Hopefully can get this guy!

That dude has some mass! Good luck getting on him.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We are at Palo Duro Canyon hiking for the holiday.

Plan on being back in the mountains mid December.

Comment

That's a good papa right there! Enjoy!

Comment

I went back to school over the summer so between working, school and deer season it's been wall to wall. This trip was much needed to spend some quality time with the wife and kids. Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend.

Comment

Hey guys, Im looking for some advice. We live down here in College Station, Tx. The land in Texas is very expensive so I was considering Oklahoma or Arkansas. I realize that I wont be getting up there very often until I retire, but, I do have three weeks of vacation a year.
                  Do any of yall live say, seven hours away and make the drive? Is it worth it ? Is Pushmataha the best county to buy in etc? Is there any places for sale around yall? Needs yalls input on this please. If you have bought land up there and live in Texas and have to make the drive would you do it again if you had the chance? Im 61 now and need to make a move if Im gonna do this.

Comment

Another one hit the dirt. Another member of the lease got him with a rifle shot

The neighbors got this one. Weighted 178 pounds on the hoof!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Big bodied buck. Love it.

Comment

Hogmauler, I have been wondering the Oklahoma thing myself. I only drive 3 1/2 hours and this is my first year in Oklahoma. Spent the last three years in Arkansas. I love the terrain here in Push but have to admit, I haven't figured out the deer here yet or else we don't have the deer that others do. I haven't seen the deer that some talk about on this thread but this property has not had feeders or set up for hunting in years so maybe we just have to give it time to develop. Always open to tips on SE Oklahoma hunting if anyone has tips to offer.
                        I understand your point on Texas getting expensive. We are leasing for about a third of the amount you would see on just a normal lease in Texas but we also have two cabins and river frontage.

Comment

Wow, thanks Scott. Was beginning to wonder if anyone would take the time to respond. We have a 22 year old special needs son that loves the outdoors, hunting, fishing, camping etc. I would like to buy a larger tract with someone else and split it. I like having other grown ups around that could help our son and me should something happen. Why did yall get off the Arkansas lease if I can ask and how did you find it?
                          Blessings, Bruce

Comment

PM sent, Hogmauler.

Comment

Whatever Booner sooner sent in that PM, I would bet maybe half is reliable information and Even that is pretty sketchy!:-)
                              Last edited by Christianhuff; 11-29-2016, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Hogmauler,

This is our second year on our place up there. The first year was a bitter disappointment and we hardly had any bucks, heck even the does were scarce. In the spring we did food plots and this seemed to draw the deer in better than feeders. We have taken 3 deer off the place this year. We have also had more buck sightings than last year. My feeling the longer we are up here, working on the place the better it will be. It just takes time and effort to draw the deer on to your slice of heaven.

Comment

Working...
                                X