Bow Blind Build input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Blind Build input

I've been using tree stands & Double Bull blinds for years now but I'm considering building a bow blind framed with 3/8 re-bar, wrapped with chicken wire & sprayed with closed cell foam. The idea in my head seems logical but not sure of the reality. Has anyone on here done anytyhing like this? This may be a question already asked on this forum, if so, I apologize now.

Sounds kewl to me. Lots of really cool builds here on tbh. The cell foam will be expensive unless you own the equipment.
    I have 3 hay ring blinds. Had them built taller and with extra window uprights. I have skinned 1 with a cordura tarp. It lasted 3 years then ripped. Pretty expensive. The 2nd one i used thin metal it was cheap but hard to work with. The 3rd and best I used coroplast signs. They are tough, light ans really easy to work with. I will use this on all other builds.

I am going to make a blind on top of a feeder this off season. Started to last summer and got derailed.

In for your pics.

Comment

With all the labor and material costs, I would look into a Krivoman blind. You will thank me (and Mitch) later.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
        Sounds kewl to me. Lots of really cool builds here on tbh. The cell foam will be expensive unless you own the equipment.
        I have 3 hay ring blinds. Had them built taller and with extra window uprights. I have skinned 1 with a cordura tarp. It lasted 3 years then ripped. Pretty expensive. The 2nd one i used thin metal it was cheap but hard to work with. The 3rd and best I used coroplast signs. They are tough, light ans really easy to work with. I will use this on all other builds.

I am going to make a blind on top of a feeder this off season. Started to last summer and got derailed.

In for your pics.
        Tell me more...lol. On the coroplast signs...are we talking about used signs you find laying around? Or do you buy this stuff new? Size? Cost?

Comment

I have seen a few coroplast blind builds and they seem to work very well for the person who has them. I have access to a machine that sprays closed cell foam which is the only reason I have considered the option.

I have heard nothing but good about the Krivoman blinds but to my knowledge there is not a dealer near my location. I believe his location is in Georgetown Texas which is a four hour drive for me. I would like to be able to view something of that price before I purchased it for sure.
          Last edited by Duckhead78; 12-12-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTNETIME View Post
            Tell me more...lol. On the coroplast signs...are we talking about used signs you find laying around? Or do you buy this stuff new? Size? Cost?
            Purelefty on here knows a guy who knows a guy that makes political signs. He gets me miss prints. New i think a 4x8 sheet is $12.
            This on is ironic I guess. Didn't notice it till I took this picture.
            I paint it and double layer it. Had mine out for 3 years now with no issues.
            Attached Files

Comment

Heres my feeder/blind on top combo. Gonna put a platform on top and then put a hay ring blind on the platform.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                Heres my feeder/blind on top combo. Gonna put a platform on top and then put a hay ring blind on the platform.
                I'm in to see how it works for you.

Comment

A bunch of Beto signs laying around somewhere you can use they should last you a good season 😂

Comment

I cut the bottom off an old tower blind that had fallen down on a neighbors ranch and built a deck on it. I screw a pop-up on it in August and leave it till Feb. I put some of the foam rubber flooring squares that are sold for a workout rooms down for insulation and to quiet the deck.

You could do the same thing with a deck on a feeder.

Comment

Here's a sign i did not read till i took this picture. Just knew it was pink
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cattle panel blind covered in I/O carpet and camo netting.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Abcdj, is that a hay ring or is that something you fabricated yourself?

Comment

Ive done 2 with square tubing frames, smart siding,paint and deerview type windows for less than a plastic one costs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Ive done 2 with square tubing frames, smart siding,paint and deerview type windows for less than a plastic one costs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is the way I’m wanting to go

Comment

Working...
                              X