Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd amendment walkout

whats yall thoughts?

High school students in Colorado were fed up with the March gun control rallies following the Florida school shooting, so they decided to hold a pro-gun walkout of their own.

Not trying to be negative but just as with the anti-gun protests I would bet the majority of the students participated just so they could get out of class.

Good that several of the students realize how ridiculous it is to characterize this as a gun problem rather than a people problem. Most of the students I've spoken with at my school feel the same way.

Comment

Looks like there is some hope left for our grand children.

Comment

Good. Would like to see a lot more.

Comment

If either of my kids cut class they would get torn up. School is where you go to learn. Doing this is a distraction. Raised my kids better

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            If either of my kids cut class they would get torn up. School is where you go to learn. Doing this is a distraction. Raised my kids better
            This^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
              Would've made a much stronger impact IMO if they chose to peacefully assemble before and after school yet stressed the importance of being in class.

Comment

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but if my child wanted to attend this event I would be all for it. We need more of this from our youth. If students don't stand up for the 2nd amendment then it could, eventually be overturned. The liberals are teaching as many youth as they can that personal responsibility/self accountability isn't important. I believe kids could "learn" a lot from like minded students at this rally. It's not a "distraction" imo, its reality in the real world we live in today.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 04-05-2018, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Would've made a much stronger impact IMO if they chose to peacefully assemble before and after school yet stressed the importance of being in class.
                  Probably would have never made the news, and brought any awareness without walking out of school unfortunately. Even still, it won't be covered much if any on the mainstream media. Certainly no where near as much as the gun protest.

Comment

Parents in today's society is the bigger issue here.

They are allowing their kids to get wrapped up in a fight/ideal in which their voices mean absolutely nothing since they can't vote.

Its really a complete waste of time.

Comment

Wrong.

Silence is acceptance of the degradation of 2A rights.

Kudos to the kids for standing up. Gungrabbers want to fight? Then a fight they will get.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                        Parents in today's society is the bigger issue here.

They are allowing their kids to get wrapped up in a fight/ideal in which their voices mean absolutely nothing since they can't vote.

Its really a complete waste of time.
                        The kids of today are the parents of tomorrow. What this generation grows up thinking determines our country's future so I believe this is a very big deal. Just cause you cant vote don't mean you cant think and develop a sense of how you believe the world should be.

Comment

My thought is kids will walk out of class any chance they get.

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
                            The kids of today are the parents of tomorrow. What this generation grows up thinking determines our country's future so I believe this is a very big deal. Just cause you cant vote don't mean you cant think and develop a sense of how you believe the world should be.

I agree 100%

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                            My thought is kids will walk out of class any chance they get.

I also agree 100%

Comment

100%. My kids cut class they pay the price. It is their job to goto school. If you disagree instead of going to work make a sign about pro 2nd and walk around with it instead of going to work. I’m sure your boss won’t care if you don’t come to work for a while.

My kids know better than to walk out on school/work. They can voice their opinions on their free time. If you want to teach your kids to skip out on whatever you can. Mine willl do as told or pay the price

Comment

Working...
                              X