X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is an awesome post...

Comment

Travis
      This is an awesome thread. Thank you for sharing your recipes. I want to make a dried sausage at the end of the season with deer and pork. Which of your recipes should I use? this will be my first try. What kind of casings. Thanks again.

Comment

Exactly what I have been looking for. Thanks.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't wait to try this. Maybe I missed it, but what is the 'cure' that's listed in the recipes for the normal and jalapeño cheddar smoked sausage?

Comment

Just found your post. I've tried to bring it up but all I get is a blank excel page ???

Comment

I tried but all I get is a blank excel page ???

Comment

Originally posted by lotsofshots View Post
                Can't wait to try this. Maybe I missed it, but what is the 'cure' that's listed in the recipes for the normal and jalapeño cheddar smoked sausage?
                Sodium nitrate is the cure. Academy sells it now labeled by Fiesta. It will probably be pink.
                There was another question about breakfast sausage recipe. I can't see Travis' on my phone, but if there isn't one listed, I can't recommend Clifco Spices enough. Their stuff is pre-mixed all you do is weigh the meat and add the right amount of their mix.

Comment

Bring it back up to the top.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Thanks for posting the recipies. I've made sausage for about the last 10 years in one form or another. In the course of finding a recipe I liked I probably bought every spice mix available. I finally landed on an old family recipe I got from our landowner that I mix myself. I find when I mix the spices myself I can tailor sausage to my taste. It's important to have a good scale if you want it to be consistent from one batch to the next. I use a kitchen scale that weighs in grams and in pounds.

Comment

made 10lbs of the chorizo today and all i can say is AWESOME!!!

Comment

Yesterday My family made the regular sausge recipe. We ending up making about 80 lbs. and put it all in 1 to 3 pounds bags. This recipe way was so easy and even my younist daughter who will not eat deer meat liked it. We will be using this one alot. Thank you for doing the excel sheet.

AG

Comment

TTT. Will be using one or two of these recipes this weekend. Thanks, Travis.

Comment

ttt- great recipes and its getting that time again!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Working...
                                X