Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #51
Heath
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco / Ira

Prayers up Clay.
Heath is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 08:17 PM   #52
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Unfortunately, a good come to Jesus fisticuffs will get the good kids removed from public school these days
And labelled as a problem child for the rest of their K-12 education. Many educators now think boys being kids = problem children who need to be sedated with ADHD medicine. Glad my parents didn't listen buy that garbage (and they were trying hard to sell them on it) when I was little and acting a fool.
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #53
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Found out that officer Barnes is the brother of a good friend in HS.
He was a couple years older than us. Please keep the Barnes family in your prayers
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #54
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Open to Offers

Thanks for all the prayers. Clay had one surgery today and is doing well. He has a cage around his arm and will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. He was shot in the upper thigh but that one was thru and thru. Govenor Abbot, Ted Cruz and Dan Patrick were here and talked with Clay and his friends for about an hour. Please pray for those that were not as fortunate as we were. My prayers go out to everyone involved. Not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into.

Hoggslayer
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #55
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
Thanks for all the prayers. Clay had one surgery today and is doing well. He has a cage around his arm and will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. He was shot in the upper thigh but that one was thru and thru. Govenor Abbot, Ted Cruz and Dan Patrick were here and talked with Clay and his friends for about an hour. Please pray for those that were not as fortunate as we were. My prayers go out to everyone involved. Not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into.

Hoggslayer

We will keep everyone involved in our prayers. THANKS for the update & tell Clay we are praying for him. God Bless y'all.
DUKFVR is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #56
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Continued prayers for ya'll and santa fe
2Lazy2P is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:07 PM   #57
Phdan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ft. Sill, Snyder OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastAndBlast View Post
Arming the teachers is not a reasonable solution. Armed security at every entrance and every hallway is.

Employ our vets, train them, pay them to protect our children.

What if your teachers are vets?
Phdan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #58
Jamesl
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Colorado, New Mexico

Glad to hear Clay is doing better. Prayers continued.
Jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #59
CastAndBlast
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Liberty Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phdan View Post
What if your teachers are vets?

Obviously the answer to your question would be yes.

What if your principle is a vet? ....the answer would be yes.

What if your floor cleaner was a vet? ....the answer would be yes.

However, I think you knew the answer to your question before you even posted it.
CastAndBlast is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #60
Vermin93
Ten Point

Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN

Quote:
Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
That is crazy. What a nightmare. Thank goodness he's ok. Best wishes to your boy and family.
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 06:27 AM   #61
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
Wow. Continued prayers. Genuinely, please let us know what we can do. Benefit, meals, donations, raffles, whatever. We want to help however we can.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 07:38 AM   #62
smokeless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano

Jay, I can only imagine the emotional torture your family is going through. I pray that y’all find peace and heal from this. The road will be long, but we are all here for you all.
smokeless is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #63
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:

Hoggslayer

Just saw this. Prayers Jay. Praying for a full recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 08:05 AM   #64
freezerfiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Loma Alta

Prayers sent up for all
freezerfiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #65
Bowshark
Ten Point

Quote:

Hoggslayer
God Bless
Bowshark is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #66
MASTERS
Ten Point

Hunt In: In the brush....

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Prayers sent for a full recovery!
MASTERS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #67
12RingKing
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Grocery Store...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastAndBlast View Post
Arming the teachers is not a reasonable solution. Armed security at every entrance and every hallway is.

Employ our vets, train them, pay them to protect our children.
I agree with all of it. If a teacher feels competent enough to defend our children, they should have the right to do so.

Armed guards would be an excellent idea to me as well. Employ vets to do what they are trained to do.

Wonder if we petitioned Austin to make it happen, if it would gain traction and media play. Instead of the inevitable anti-gun rhetoric as if banning guns would have stopped this kid from hurting people
12RingKing is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #68
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CA, CO, OR, and TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12RingKing View Post
I agree with all of it. If a teacher feels competent enough to defend our children, they should have the right to do so.

They do have a ďrightí to defend themselves and the students. Itís called the second amendment. Even in loose-screw California you have the right to defend yourself if you have a reasonable belief you or others are facing death or serious injury.

My daughter is a teacher. Accepting that job should not take away her right to life. Itís laws passed taking away the right.

FYI, this is CA law on the Attorney General website. Why should she be able to legally kill somebody who forces entry in our home, but not defend herself at work from a nut with shooting a gun at children?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bill in San Jose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 04:12 PM   #69
Vermin93
Ten Point

Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN

After Texas school shooting, Houston police chief says he's 'hit rock bottom' with inaction on gun control

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/na...a-8a58125b8463

Art Acevedo
18 hours ago
"To all my Facebook friends. Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children and a responding police officer who is clinging to life. Iím not ashamed to admit Iíve shed tears of sadness, pain and anger.

I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know Iíve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue. Please do not post anything about guns arenít the problem and thereís little we can do. My feelings wonít be hurt if you de-friend me and I hope yours wonít be if you decide to post about your views and I de-friend you.

I have never accepted the status-quo in anything I do and Iíve never accepted defeat. And I wonít do it now. I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasnít instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him.

The hatred being spewed in our country and the new norms we, so-called people of faith are accepting, is as much to blame for so much of the violence in our once pragmatic Nation.

This isnít a time for prayers, and study and Inaction, itís a time for prayers, action and the asking of Godís forgiveness for our inaction (especially the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing).

I close by saying, I wish those that move on from this page the best. May God Bless you and keep you."

https://www.facebook.com/ChiefArtAce...76298439150998
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #70
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
After Texas school shooting, Houston police chief says he's 'hit rock bottom' with inaction on gun control

Art Acevedo
18 hours ago
"To all my Facebook friends. Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children and a responding police officer who is clinging to life. Iím not ashamed to admit Iíve shed tears of sadness, pain and anger.

I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know Iíve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue. Please do not post anything about guns arenít the problem and thereís little we can do. My feelings wonít be hurt if you de-friend me and I hope yours wonít be if you decide to post about your views and I de-friend you.

I have never accepted the status-quo in anything I do and Iíve never accepted defeat. And I wonít do it now. I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasnít instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him.

The hatred being spewed in our country and the new norms we, so-called people of faith are accepting, is as much to blame for so much of the violence in our once pragmatic Nation.

This isnít a time for prayers, and study and Inaction, itís a time for prayers, action and the asking of Godís forgiveness for our inaction (especially the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing).

I close by saying, I wish those that move on from this page the best. May God Bless you and keep you."

Other than complete confiscation of all guns in our country.....what gun control method would have stopped this?
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #71
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Other than complete confiscation of all guns in our country.....what gun control method would have stopped this?

X2. Exactly right.

Old 05-19-2018, 07:18 PM   #72
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
None.. He knows this.. Anyone with a shred of common sense does.
He is just stirring the pot..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2018, 05:57 AM   #73
4wheels
Eight Point

Not sure how a CHL holder would have made much a difference in this case. (praying for hoggslayer's kid) But I would love for us to figure out a better action. Apparently this kid carried a shotgun into the school. I guess the only way to stop that is to use airport level security to search each kid before entering the school. We are on our way to doing that...

But there has to be some thing we can do as a community about teaching kids to not be so butt hurt over being bullied. Even loosing a girlfriend. I understand kids don't have a lot of emotional maturity - but our nation has been much better than this.
4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #74
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
Not sure how a CHL holder would have made much a difference in this case. (praying for hoggslayer's kid) But I would love for us to figure out a better action. Apparently this kid carried a shotgun into the school. I guess the only way to stop that is to use airport level security to search each kid before entering the school. We are on our way to doing that...

It should be impossible for a gun to get into a school.

But there has to be some thing we can do as a community about teaching kids to not be so butt hurt over being bullied. Even loosing a girlfriend. I understand kids don't have a lot of emotional maturity - but our nation has been much better than this.
^^^^Years ago they quit keeping score at ( little kids) games. Give every kid participation trophies so that no one feels the shame of defeat. At the earliest age kids are taught that no one is a looser....most kids are losers as it relates to sports or competition in general. There is value in loosing but god forbid we teach that lesson. Young boys and men are doped up to prevent them from acting like young boys because parents " cant handle him anymore" parents suk, the education system suks, and liberals suk. And make no mistake these things all lead back to liberals....and gutless republicans not stopping the liberal agenda.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #75
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Quote:

Art Acevedo

18 hours ago

What a *****. Ill defriend you hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha. Hold on a second hahahaha hahahahaha hahahaha.

Then he acts like it happened in his jurisdiction and envokes the death of others in an appeal to emotion for purely political reasons. What a POS.

J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2018, 08:17 AM   #76
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

God Bless America
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2018, 08:27 AM   #77
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:

Art Acevedo
18 hours ago

Dear Chief Acevedo,

All good leaders lead my example. You should be the first to turn in all of your guns.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #78
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Dear Chief Acevedo,

All good leaders lead my example. You should be the first to turn in all of your guns.
That man is a disgrace
Old 05-20-2018, 08:49 AM   #79
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Graysonhogs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #80
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Quote:
Dear Chief Acevedo,

Exactly! Then pass a new, common sense law that there is a 100 yard gun-free zone around all police and wear a gun free zone button next to the body camera to be sure no profiling or civil rights violations occurred.

Extend it to include all politicians so they donít need armed bodyguards either. They can replace them with field counseling staff trained in conflict management.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #81
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Dear Chief Acevedo,

Art forgot to include a link to his gofundmyreelectioncampaign site.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #82
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Art forgot to include a link to his gofundmyreelectioncampaign site.
Bingo!
Texas Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #83
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever the wind takes me......

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Dang brother, hate to read this. Prayers up from myself and the Blanco Cowboy Church. Clay will be back to riding bulls before you know it. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Lord, lift this young cowboy up into your healing hands and heal him quickly. Lord we ask that you not only heal his body but his mind as well and use him as a light for Jesus. In these things we pray, AMEN.
bowhuntertex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-21-2018, 02:48 PM   #84
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:

Hoggslayer
Quote:

Art Acevedo
18 hours ago

This guy is a clown. He was a joke in Austin and becoming a bigger joke in Houston. He needs to go back to California.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:49 PM   #85
Bill in San Jose
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhuntertex View Post
This guy is a clown. He was a joke in Austin and becoming a bigger joke in Houston. He needs to go back to California.

Nope- you guys offered him the job and has a Texas drivers license. Now heís yours.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #86
bowhuntertex
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
Nope- you guys offered him the job and has a Texas drivers license. Now heís yours.

No way Jose.........Ya'll can have him back......Heck we will trade him back for you
Old 05-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #87
Charles
Pope & Young

How he ever got past the hiring committee is mind boggling.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #88
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
How he ever got past the hiring committee is mind boggling.
Is it really? Ol' Sylvester canceled city contracts that would have saved the city millions and gave it to a buddy.... These politicians have no standards...
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #89
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
Is it really? Ol' Sylvester canceled city contracts that would have saved the city millions and gave it to a buddy.... These politicians have no standards...
What they have is no fear of repercussions.

Because honestly, there are none. (for them)
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 10:06 AM   #90
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
What they have is no fear of repercussions.

Because honestly, there are none. (for them)
no doubt
AZST_bowhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #91
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

There may have been an update on this I haven't seen, but when asked by a reporter if any of the victims were accidentally shot by LEO in the crossfire he said "we won't know until we get the coroners report" - I suppose he had to say that. You can certainly see how it could happen in the chaos of a gun battle but I hope for the sake of those officers it didn't.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #92
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
There may have been an update on this I haven't seen, but when asked by a reporter if any of the victims were accidentally shot by LEO in the crossfire he said "we won't know until we get the coroners report" - I suppose he had to say that. You can certainly see how it could happen in the chaos of a gun battle but I hope for the sake of those officers it didn't.
This is why I am not for arming teachers unless they take a contact shot or the target is temporarily isolated from other students. I am not for Vets either being in the schools. The military trains to kill EVERYONE not just one person barring Snipers. Basically, I don't want anyone taking a shot in a crowded school my kids attend that isn't periodically qualifying at a tactical range that involves friendly targets among unfriendly ones. My opinion.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #93
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
This is why I am not for arming teachers unless they take a contact shot or the target is temporarily isolated from other students. I am not for Vets either being in the schools. The military trains to kill EVERYONE not just one person barring Snipers. Basically, I don't want anyone taking a shot in a crowded school my kids attend that isn't periodically qualifying at a tactical range that involves friendly targets among unfriendly ones. My opinion.
This has been my take as well - I like the idea of armed patrol in and around the schools, but engaging during a fire alarm, and not expecting some sort of side effect of damage is not thinking clearly.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #94
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

I would venture a guess that the veterans of past 30 years are well trained and very proficient in both identifying and isolating targets.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #95
Phdan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Ft. Sill, Snyder OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
I would venture a guess that the veterans of past 30 years are well trained and very proficient in both identifying and isolating targets.

This
Phdan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 07:34 AM   #96
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
The fallacy with that lies in what a Veteran is. First off the vast majority of veterans come from a non combat MOS and have very little firearms experience (in comparison to a Combat MOS) other than a past (up to 30 years as you say) basic rifle marksmanship qualification that was done on a quarterly basis. Now you then must understand that Officers, Pilots, Spec Ops, MPs and Medics I may be missing a few) are the only ones that carry a side arm. Here is the Military M9 qualification standards. As you can clearly see military training with a side arm has little to no practical bearing on taking out an armed gunman amongst students in a populated building.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...23-35/appa.htm

Those that train regularly with weapon systems are mostly Combat MOS which are Armor, Artillery and Infantry and then the MOS's I outlined above.

All three combat MOS's will destroy, suppress or neutralize the enemy by overwhelming means of fire power. If you want half the school slaughtered then call in the Infantry, if you want the walls torn down and all vehicles in the parking lots and half the students dead call in Armor. Or call in Arty and just kill everyone and leave a crater where the school once was. (Hyperbole)

Im not saying there aren't veterans that could do what is needed in a school shooting but the vast majority have not been trained to do so. In fact the vast majority of the military never is issued a pistol or qualifies with one.

Simply put; in no way whatsoever is being a veteran indicative of being an expert pistol marksman.

FYI, I am a veteran and would never take a shot in a crowded school unless the target was isolated or I could get a contact shot and I had put in sufficient range time which a CHL is not.

Last edited by J Sweet; 05-23-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #97
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
The fallacy with that lies in what a Veteran is. First off the vast majority of veterans come from a non combat MOS and have very little firearms experience (in comparison to a Combat MOS) other than a past (up to 30 years as you say) basic rifle marksmanship qualification that was done on a quarterly basis. Now you then must understand that Officers, Pilots, Spec Ops, MPs and Medics I may be missing a few) are the only ones that carry a side arm. Here is the Military M9 qualification standards. As you can clearly see military training with a side arm has little to no practical bearing on taking out an armed gunman amongst students in a populated building.

Those that train regularly with weapon systems are mostly Combat MOS which are Armor, Artillery and Infantry and then the MOS's I outlined above.

All three combat MOS's will destroy, suppress or neutralize the enemy by overwhelming means of fire power. If you want half the school slaughtered then call in the Infantry, if you want the walls torn down and all vehicles in the parking lots and half the students dead call in Armor. Or call in Arty and just kill everyone and leave a crater where the school once was. (Hyperbole)

Im not saying there aren't veterans that could do what is needed in a school shooting but the vast majority have not been trained to do so. In fact the vast majority of the military never is issued a pistol or qualifies with one.

Simply put; in no way whatsoever is being a veteran indicative of being an expert pistol marksman.

FYI, I am a veteran and would never take a shot in a crowded school unless the target was isolated or I could get a contact shot and I had put in sufficient range time which a CHL is not.
Pretty sure whomever gets the nod for school security will be required to have weapon training prior and annually.

How often are LEO's required to have firearms training?
Old 05-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #98
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:

My brother is a Border Patrol Agent, Ex Combat Recon Scout... has hundreds if not thousands of hours of Range time. When he retires from being an agent in a few years he is wanting to get into teaching. I would have no problem with him carrying on campus. I would trust him behind the trigger before most police officers. And even the BP does drill on how to handle school shootings. They just completed as training in Del Rio. And I would expect that any teacher who is allowed to carry would also have to have extensive training.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #99
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Is this really an option?

How many schools do we have across the country? Will you want armed vets on school buses next? And then at bus stops? And then in daycares? Maybe just a personal bodyguard for every kid.

Liberals would have a field day if ANY kid was wounded or if anything at all happens that could be twisted in any way shape or form to look bad if a vet was armed in a school. I can see the headline now...Did he have PTSD?
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #100
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Is this really an option?

How many schools do we have across the country? Will you want armed vets on school buses next? And then at bus stops? And then in daycares? Maybe just a personal bodyguard for every kid.

Liberals would have a field day if ANY kid was wounded or if anything at all happens that could be twisted in any way shape or form to look bad if a vet was armed in a school. I can see the headline now...Did he have PTSD?
You have any ideas on how to stop school shootings?