Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 06-12-2018, 11:09 AM   #251
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
We will need congress in this deal to make certain no future potus can undo/change any agreement that comes.
Need 2/3 of the senate for that. Unless the democrats are happy with it, I find it unlikely. Though that's treacherous political territory, since it'll let Trump say they're blocking peace for partisan political purposes. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 12:23 PM   #252
sotx
Ten Point

Hunt In: McMullen County

Nobel Peace Prize? Oh that would be so cool!
"This was a masterclass on how to be Leader of the Free World in the era of social media, reality TV and a global populist revolt against the staid, dishonest, sclerotic political class.

You bypass the media – treating them with a mix of jocular affection and amused contempt – and speak directly to the people in language they can understand."
sotx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #253
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Attached Images

J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #254
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
About the funniest thing i have seen was CNNs interview with dennis rodman last night. You know he went to Singapore to get his share of attention. hes a bisexual, liberal, black, athlete so just a perfect mix to interview on CNN to shame trump from Singapore..

NOPE! Rodman walks up to the camera and puts on his MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN cap. They were totally perplexed at CCNN when he wouldnt take the bait and trash Trump. Live tv and Rodman wearing that cap.
And if that wasnt enough. Then he called out their savior.

“And I tried to do that to Obama. And Obama did not even give me the time of day,” the NBA Hall-of-Famer continued, fighting tears. “I asked him. I said I have something to say from North Korea. He brushed me off. And that didn’t deter me. I still kept going back. … I showed my loyalty and my trust to this country.”

So glad our country isnt drawing pink lines in the sand anymore with these tyrants, or leading from behind with "strategic patience".
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #255
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

Media seems to think the meeting was filled with empty promises.

Made the agreement that they signed sound like it was a library card application.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 04:29 PM   #256
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post

Made the agreement that they signed sound like it was a library card application.
Well.....we'll see!
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #257
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
Need 2/3 of the senate for that. Unless the democrats are happy with it, I find it unlikely. Though that's treacherous political territory, since it'll let Trump say they're blocking peace for partisan political purposes. Will be interesting to see how this all turns out.
I was only repeating what I heard the sec of state & others saying they would like to see happen to solidify...only mention was of the congress & senate was never mentioned??

I honestly don't know the process but it's all premature anyway. Baby steps for now. Looks like a good start.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-12-2018, 04:44 PM   #258
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
And what exactly have they been right about lately? Did they get this intel from a hooker?

I tell you want, that internet. It is undefeated.
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2018, 06:49 PM   #259
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
I was only repeating what I heard the sec of state & others saying they would like to see happen to solidify...only mention was of the congress & senate was never mentioned??

I honestly don't know the process but it's all premature anyway. Baby steps for now. Looks like a good start.
Yeah, article 2, section 2, clause 2, of the consititution says treaties need 2/3 of the senate, but there is a workaround: you can just make a law through majorities in the house and senate to ratify it anyways, but then you have to deal with pols making changes to it that might upset the other signing party, making them withdraw. Interestingly, a few presidents have unilaterally withdrawn from treaties without consulting congress, and the supreme court has yet to rule on whether they have this power or not.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:00 AM   #260
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
And what exactly have they been right about lately? Did they get this intel from a hooker?

I tell you want, that internet. It is undefeated.

The agreement that they signed is kinda public info and has been shown all over the world a billion times.

Ive read it and it is kinda light on specifics.

You ever signed a lease that didn't include the date that the lease payment was due by or any clause for late payments or the killing of one of the landowners cattle?

I'm just happy they met.
Sets great precedent.

If this doesn't solidify Trumps Time Man of the the Year and his Nobel Peace Prize that ensures the fix is in.
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 08:43 AM   #261
batmaninja
Ten Point

What exactly were you expecting here? Trump pulled off something that few others have even tried. Yea I am sure it was light on specific's, I would imagine winding down a pariah nuclear power has a few moving parts to it.

Quote:
The agreement that they signed is kinda public info and has been shown all over the world a billion times.
Yea, that is kind of how this stuff should work. A big old dog and pony show for the cameras, shaking hands and looking important.

You know what other deal is light on specifics and lease payment dates?
Attached Images

Old 06-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #262
GarGuy
Pope & Young

This thing is moving steadily in the right direction. expect bumps along the way but its moving..
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #263
batmaninja
Ten Point

"They have great beaches. You see that whenever they’re exploding their cannons into the ocean, right?" Trump said during the press conference following the meeting in Singapore, relaying his conversation with Kim. "I said, 'Boy, look at the view. Wouldn’t that make a great condo behind?' And I explained, I said, 'You know, instead of doing that, you could have the best hotels in the world right there.' Think of it from a real estate perspective."

I read the above quote in a real estate email I get, and thought it was absolutely hilarious. A true free market versus communism comparison. Just these 2 guys looking at things from wildly different view points.

Pretty cheesy video apparently accompanied it as well. Lets hope both Un and Korea are ready for a change, onward and upward!

https://www.waynedupree.com/heres-vi...e-kim-jong-un/

Last edited by batmaninja; 06-13-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:54 AM   #264
systemnt
Pope & Young

Not sure i could joke or celebrate a Photo op with a guy who personally is responsible for thousands of his own citizens dead, including his own uncle and brother, who's word is worth nothing, and has publicly vowed to kill Everyone in the United States repeatedly since birth.

Whats the over/under on when Kim gets back to his walls, and flips his script again?
I'd bet ..soon.
Especially once he sees all the memes.
(The guy lost his **** over a movie...remember?)
But yeh.. cute photos.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 07:27 AM   #265
GarGuy
Pope & Young

If they do so at least Trump tried. I see the potential and think Trump is playing this to perfection.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 08:38 AM   #266
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
If they do so at least Trump tried. I see the potential and think Trump is playing this to perfection.
Then trump is the president with cute selfies next to a evil dictator who played him like a fiddle.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:40 AM   #267
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Not sure i could joke or celebrate a Photo op with a guy who personally is responsible for thousands of his own citizens dead, including his own uncle and brother, who's word is worth nothing, and has publicly vowed to kill Everyone in the United States repeatedly since birth..

That is how you play a person who has done the things you mention... into denuclearizing. Understood not everyone can do it. Trump can.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #268
systemnt
Pope & Young

Its cute the way the word 'denuclearization' is tossed around like it would ever happen.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #269
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Its cute the way the word 'denuclearization' is tossed around like it would ever happen.
Your right...Trump should start saying "the removal of weapons of mass destruction" instead
Old 06-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #270
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Your right...Trump should start saying "the removal of weapons of mass destruction" instead
he could say "absolutely removal of all things dangerous and pointy..and we're building a NK Trump Golf Course and Ski resort on the northern border with pools filled with schnapps and goldschlager" ...wont make it any more true or any less ridiculous to believe.

He's dealing with a dictator.
Not a business man.
Not a leader.
Not an elected official.
Not a politician.
A Dictator.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #271
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
Whats the over/under on when Kim gets back to his walls, and flips his script again?
I'd bet ..soon.
You disappeared during the actual meeting. Only to come back and and parrot the same meaningless drivel?

What you got slick? I will be your huckleberry, go ahead and define "soon", and what your terms are?

I will bet $100 to the winners charity that NOKO has a McD's before they launch another nuke?
Old 06-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #272
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Then trump is the president with cute selfies next to a evil dictator who played him like a fiddle.
I thought you said you were a Trump fan?!?! Guess you meant troll
chopsknives is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #273
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopsknives View Post
I thought you said you were a Trump fan?!?! Guess you meant troll
Interesting perspective.
So you have to agree 100% with everything a politician you like does in order to be a supporter?

Is that what you are trying to say?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #274
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
You disappeared during the actual meeting. Only to come back and and parrot the same meaningless drivel?

What you got slick? I will be your huckleberry, go ahead and define "soon", and what your terms are?

I will bet $100 to the winners charity that NOKO has a McD's before they launch another nuke?
I was on vacation.

you are a huckleberry but it doesnt mean what you think it does.
And since they havent actually 'launched' a nuke.. you lose.
Make it out to Texas Childrens Hospital Houston cardiology.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #275
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Quote:
Interesting perspective.
So you have to agree 100% with everything a politician you like does in order to be a supporter?

That's the new era of politics for you.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:21 PM   #276
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Interesting perspective.

Welcome to my life on the green screen, hahahaha
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #277
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
I was on vacation.
Yea, from reality.

Quote:
I'd bet ..soon.
Id bet not, $100. Put up or shut up, buttercup.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #278
systemnt
Pope & Young

A) thats it? Best u got? U had a week.
B) how about.. i dont shut up..and you pay your charity..ill pay mine... and north koreas dictator still flips his script?
Yeh that sounds better to me. We'll go that route, sweetheart.
Unless, you have a plan to make something else happen?
Well, do ya, huckleberry?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #279
batmaninja
Ten Point

Soooooo, you are not going to define you own version of "soon".

I honestly have tried to keep the thread constructive. There is a lot I dont know of NOKO, and I appreciate the back and forth with different perspectives, the history, etc. I think that both countries are truly in uncharted waters and I find that ridiculously interesting.

But hey I guess go back to beating your horse. I mean you have been nothing but right so far on Kim and NOKO
Old 06-14-2018, 04:01 PM   #280
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
he could say "absolutely removal of all things dangerous and pointy..and we're building a NK Trump Golf Course and Ski resort on the northern border with pools filled with schnapps and goldschlager" ...wont make it any more true or any less ridiculous to believe.

He's dealing with a dictator.
Not a business man.
Not a leader.
Not an elected official.
Not a politician.
A Dictator.
A young dictator that wants to stay in power & become an older dictator...I'm not ready to wager but I really think the kid wants to play ball & see his country develop.

Yeah, you can even call him a monster what he has done to his people, but if he crawfishes & gets hit with more sanctions, what will his people deal with then?? I'm not gonna try to get in his head & guess what angle to come out on top while not de-nuking...it looks to me he has every incentive to make this work?? I just don't see any reason to not be hopefully optimistic.

If it fails, then so what, we go back to circling the wagon...maybe I'm naive, but I'm diggin the progress anyway??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #281
batmaninja
Ten Point

I completely agree, and will go ahead and flop it on the table too Artos.

Not that I agree with it (but I like the results so far) I think that Trump is going to give Kim a pass for his past transgressions. Kim is painted into a corner with no real way out. If Trump is able to give Kim a clear path forward for him and his people, why would Kim not chose that over what him and his people have been living with for decades. And happy meals dont forget the happy meals.

Think of it like the left wants us to think of the Dreamers. We cant punish kids that were forced to break our laws by their parents. Kim was raised from birth thinking he was a divine God, not his fault, blah blah blah.

What has trump given up so far in the process, a couple of expensive military drills and a hotel room bill for Kim? I would trade that for the photo op all day long and twice on Sunday.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:14 PM   #282
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

Unlike ALL the other Presidents that tried to deal with him - you know the LEADER of NK - dictator or not he IS the leader of NK just ask ALL the people that tried a Coop d'etat against him - oh wait you can't they were all executed by order from the LEADER of NK anyway now that we've established he's the leader of NK - Trump is the first to require proof BEFORE easing sanctions unlike Obummer who said here's a buttload of money now where's me suitcase of jewels?!?! You can just inspect yourself fine with me!!!!

I'm purdy sure a real estate mogul from Brooklyn is really gullible you know he's never had to deal with anyone tough. Or like another Pres who said here's some nuclear fuel for your powerplants - now you be sure and do what you said!

And sys you say your a fan of Trump but when I wished him Happy Birthday all you could do is insult him and say that was creepy to wish the sitting President of the United States a happy bday - so I looked up your posts and I'll be danged if saw a Trump supporter in em! Jus tryin ta say!
Old 06-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #283
systemnt
Pope & Young

Actually... i said your post was creepy.
Didnt say anything about derogatory about Trump.

as to the rest of your post.... i giggled at your over-enthusiasm and getting all those thoughts into one breath.
Well done.

Last edited by systemnt; 06-14-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #284
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

Thank You! And Ha! Ha! But you couldn't wish him happy birthday could you? But you did say all kinds of derogatory stuff on the other threads - and wishing the President (who your a fan of) is creepy?!?!
Old 06-14-2018, 05:58 PM   #285
Man
Pope & Young

I fully understand where my ol' wolf pack buddy Systmnt is coming from. I was just as mad at Trump for signing the 1.3 trillion Omnibus spending bill. Can't agree with everything the don does.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #286
systemnt
Pope & Young

Chop.. start at post one... get a better idea of the positions taken on this thread.
Seriously, the assumption you are spewing is ridiculous strawman **** usually exclusively used by the left, and is so far wrong that you look foolish even if your intentions of defending trump at all costs are understandable.

While youre at it check out the bats early posts...youll see him flare out too.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:21 PM   #287
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

Yeah but you had the decentsy to wish him a Happy Birthday on a Happy Birthday thread and didn't say something stoopid like that's creepy
Old 06-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #288
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Chop.. start at post one... get a better idea of the positions taken on this thread.
Seriously, the assumption you are spewing is ridiculous strawman **** usually exclusively used by the left, and is so far wrong that you look foolish even if your intentions of defending trump at all costs are understandable.

While youre at it check out the bats early posts...youll see him flare out too.
OK sys - It's you're and it's you'll so maybe you should calm down and don't EVER call me a lib again!!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #289
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

BTW looking at all the responses to you, you might look in the mirror on the foolish part.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:29 PM   #290
systemnt
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yeah but you had the decentsy to wish him a Happy Birthday on a Happy Birthday thread and didn't say something stoopid like that's creepy
Its "stupid".
Old 06-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #291
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

That was an insult
Old 06-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #292
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

BTW Its has an apostrophe it's
Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #293
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Its "stupid".
It was very fan-girlish. Especially adding the picture. Did he think Trump was going to see his post and thank him?
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #294
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

Let me explain why I'm a little PO'd I merely posted a Happy Birthday thread to honor the President of the United States who I support over the other choice - it wasn't a popularity contest and if your all butthurt over something there is a time and a PLACE. Not only could you not muster up the courage to not post if you do not wish him a good Birthday, but you decide to take it a step further and call it creepy - you know you've got SEVERAL threads where you bash him but this was not an opinion thread
Old 06-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #295
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
It's decency.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #296
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

This entire thing is a head scratcher and is not to be taken at face value.. Anyone that is taking this for face value is gullible at that highest level..

There is not a doubt in my mind that Rocket Man is blowing smoke and has 0 intentions of getting rid of his nukes.. Ain't going to happen just watch and see.. BUT there is also not a doubt in my mind that Trump knows too..
Both sides think they have a better strategy.. Time will tell..

It just may just be that the best thing that comes from this is that the super liberal, super confused, cross dressing, poster child for the left, Dennis Rodman threw Barry Hussein under the bus and catching CNN completely off guard... That was classic...WOW!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 07:28 PM   #297
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Let me explain why I'm a little PO'd I merely posted a Happy Birthday thread to honor the President of the United States who I support over the other choice - it wasn't a popularity contest and if your all butthurt over something there is a time and a PLACE. Not only could you not muster up the courage to not post if you do not wish him a good Birthday, but you decide to take it a step further and call it creepy - you know you've got SEVERAL threads where you bash him but this was not an opinion thread
Aww don't pay him any mind.. He is irrelevant.. Actually they both are..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #298
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Quote:
Bruh we get it. You're the President of the Donald J. Trump fan club and you Trump harder than anyone but Trump. It's still kinda creepy to get that excited about another man's birthday.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:40 PM   #299
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
I like the balloons and hearts graphics you added to the picture. Did you add those or did the lady that made the original do that?
Old 06-15-2018, 05:55 AM   #300
Coup de Grace
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trophy Hunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
That's the new era of politics for you.
Chris, wish I was as smart as you.
Coup de Grace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top