No announcement yet.

Protein Pellet Ingredients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had some folks question the validity of what these protein companies are telling me over the phone of what their TDN % is, so I’m beginning to request copies of their feed analysis reports. As I get them I will post them and will adjust our running chart as the information comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is the first one I’ve received:

I’m typing the feed name on the top in red.

Comment

Sportmans choice also makes Antlers Plus 20%. Do you have any data on that feed? Appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by Doublelunger View Post
          Sportmans choice also makes Antlers Plus 20%. Do you have any data on that feed? Appreciate it
          I sent them a message on Facebook and they said it’s around 70%

Comment

I’ve had absolutely ZERO luck getting the analysis pages from the feed manufacturers. Still trying.

Comment

Double Down = 82.6%
              Bee County Co-Op Deer Pellets 17 = 77.8%
              Lyssey & Eckel 20% = 76.7%
              LoneStar Horns Plus = 75%
              Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
              MoorMan's Rack Plus Deer/Elk 18-4 = 71.5%
              Record Rack 20 = 71%
              Sportsman’s choice antlers plus 20- 70%
              Angelo Pellets - Cowboy 20% = 68.5%
              AntlerMax 20 = 67%
              Red Chain 20 = 65%
              Fehner = 64.7%
              MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
              Livengood Mega-Rack = 63%
              AC Nutrition - Triple C 20% = 62.5%
              MG 20% ST = 60.9%
              Red Chain 17 = 60%
              Texas Farm Store Uvalde House Brand 20 = 54%

Comment

Corn is 80% TDN but wouldnt put a pile of that out due to acidosis and possibly dead deer. Think theres a lot more to consider along with tdn when looking at a good quality balanced ration. Ingredients, fat, fiber source, and most important starch level. Anything over 35% NFC will start to burn guts up and can lead to deer going off feed and worse case death. I would get NFC of all these as well

Comment

Originally posted by Jerikson View Post
                  Corn is 80% TDN but wouldnt put a pile of that out due to acidosis and possibly dead deer. Think theres a lot more to consider along with tdn when looking at a good quality balanced ration. Ingredients, fat, fiber source, and most important starch level. Anything over 35% NFC will start to burn guts up and can lead to deer going off feed and worse case death. I would get NFC of all these as well
                  Wouldn't that be a much bigger issue in penned deer where the feed is 100% of their diet..? Do you feel that it's an issue for free range supplemental feeding?
                  I'm trying to learn as well and interested in your take on it.

Comment

What about Big Buck Feed 20 by Thomas Moore Feed?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                      Wouldn't that be a much bigger issue in penned deer where the feed is 100% of their diet..? Do you feel that it's an issue for free range supplemental feeding?
                      I'm trying to learn as well and interested in your take on it.
                      Yes a bigger issue in penned deer for sure. Pasture deer would have more forage intake that would help alleviate these issue but still a concern. Especially in post rut when bucks are drawn down and stressed. Critical time to have a well balanced ration. If a ration is “hot” or high starch it’ll cause them to go off feed and have inconsistent intake. Bad combo when they’re stressed and needing feed intake to recover even in pasture setting.

Comment

Up

Comment

Well, Double Down has been asked multiple times to provide a copy of their feed analysis report and they agree over the phone, but refuse to actually follow thru and send it. For the time being, it seems Bee County Co-Op has the highest provable TDN% that we can verify. At almost $4 a bag cheaper than DD, it’s going to be a very hard feed to beat on both the TDN and dollar for dollar aspects.

Comment

I’ll keep feeding what works for me [emoji12]

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                              Well, Double Down has been asked multiple times to provide a copy of their feed analysis report and they agree over the phone, but refuse to actually follow thru and send it. For the time being, it seems Bee County Co-Op has the highest provable TDN% that we can verify. At almost $4 a bag cheaper than DD, it’s going to be a very hard feed to beat on both the TDN and dollar for dollar aspects.

Literally on the first page of the thread
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Literally on the first page of the thread

[emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X