The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
    Posted some stuff in classifieds. Kuiu 6000, 0 degree bag and pad, boots etc..

take a look
    http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=359868
    what boots are you using this year?

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
      what boots are you using this year?
      Lowa Tibets again...I have thought about trying Schnee's Beartooth which has a less stiff sole(you may be the one that got me thinking about that). I have also considered biting the bullet and getting custom Hanwags from Lathrop and Sons. 6 bills is a chunk for boots though.

The Asolo were backups which I never needed.

Comment

Lowa Tibets again...I have thought about trying Schnee's Beartooth which has a less stiff sole(you may be the one that got me thinking about that). I have also considered biting the bullet and getting custom Hanwags from Lathrop and Sons. 6 bills is a chunk for boots though.

The Asolo were backups which I never needed.
        Have you tried the Zamberlan boots?
        I tried on some Vioz 1009, plenty of room in the toe box and the best heel cup over found yet. I will be getting some Vioz 1009 soon.
        I actually didn't like the Schnees, too tight and rubbed my foot all wrong.

Comment

I've got some Asolo 520 that I like a lot hoping to put some colorado dirt under them in september

Comment

Originally posted by a3dhunter View Post
            Have you tried the Zamberlan boots?
            I tried on some Vioz 1009, plenty of room in the toe box and the best heel cup over found yet. I will be getting some Vioz 1009 soon.
            I actually didn't like the Schnees, too tight and rubbed my foot all wrong.
            What model of Schnee's? The Lowa's are great boots and I have no problem but the heel slip....I have heel regardless of what boot I have used. Vasque, Asolo, Kenetrek and Lowa. I am considering consulting a Podiatrist. I now think I have some sort of structural weirdness with my heel. If I mole skin and or duct tape I am fine but if the tape fails, like in NV last year, it gets pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
              When are you going?

I am the same as you if I dont draw then I am buying a tag, either way I will be hunting the second season.
              I will be hunting the 3rd season in NM and if I draw AZ i will start hunting there around the 12th and go to NM from there. I cant wait! Have you hunted 16a before?

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
                New Mexico deadline is 3/20.
                I filled mine out this morning. Now the wait starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  Well I have a guided elk hunt in CO for next Sept already paid for! I guess I need to start working out a little to get in shape for the mtns. Last time I was up there it was no problem but that was about 5yrs ago and I am not getting any younger.

Bisch
                  Yep...good plan Bisch. If you dont, you will die a slow death.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                    I filled mine out this morning. Now the wait starts.
                    I will start mine next week. I imagine we will have 6 or 7 in camp at different times through the 22day season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                      I will be hunting the 3rd season in NM and if I draw AZ i will start hunting there around the 12th and go to NM from there. I cant wait! Have you hunted 16a before?

I put in for 17 second archery season. Hopefully I'll draw, kill a monster then tag another monster last week of co season

Comment

I probably won't put in for anything this year. To many issues last season. Kind of turned off a bit.

Comment

We are planning an archery elk/deer/bear hunt to S CO innSept. Still comparing 78, 751, 74, 73, 71. Might apply in NM as well. I will have client hunters on private ground around NM & CO, but I've got a high country DIY itch I need to scratch! Can't wait to get back in elk country.

Comment

What model of Schnee's? The Lowa's are great boots and I have no problem but the heel slip....I have heel regardless of what boot I have used. Vasque, Asolo, Kenetrek and Lowa. I am considering consulting a Podiatrist. I now think I have some sort of structural weirdness with my heel. If I mole skin and or duct tape I am fine but if the tape fails, like in NV last year, it gets pretty bad.
                            I tried two different models of Schnees, a hiker and a 9-10" model, didn't like either one.

Comment

I have got to get my application in ASAP and have never done it before. I have read the NMGF several times and I can't figure out what I HAVE to fill out/apply for and what I don't have to fill out/apply for. I already have a CIN from when I purchased a landowner tag, but have never put in for the draw. Can anyone give me a simple explanation of what particular links/applications I need to complete my draw application? I thought NMGF only hit you for about a $20-$25 fee when you applied and then refunded part of it if you didn't draw. From what I am reading they hit you for the full $600 and then refund the $575-$580 if you don't draw (which one is correct?)

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                                I have got to get my application in ASAP and have never done it before. I have read the NMGF several times and I can't figure out what I HAVE to fill out/apply for and what I don't have to fill out/apply for. I already have a CIN from when I purchased a landowner tag, but have never put in for the draw. Can anyone give me a simple explanation of what particular links/applications I need to complete my draw application? I thought NMGF only hit you for about a $20-$25 fee when you applied and then refunded part of it if you didn't draw. From what I am reading they hit you for the full $600 and then refund the $575-$580 if you don't draw (which one is correct?)

Wish I could help you on the application, the outfitter did it for me. I can tell you I was hit for around $850

Comment

Working...
                                X