Any Chimera 300 users out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Chimera 300 users out there?

What do the ones that have shot a Chimera 300 think about them? Also, any opinions on the ASR system? If I should change to a different mounting system what direction should I go?

Ive been interested in these as well, supposed to be like a beefier Omega 300, ive had no issues with the ASR system, and all 4 of my cans have them and no issues. Some change out to the dead air keymo vs the ASR

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
      Ive been interested in these as well, supposed to be like a beefier Omega 300, ive had no issues with the ASR system, and all 4 of my cans have them and no issues. Some change out to the dead air keymo vs the ASR

Same thing I’ve heard as well. I originally went in looking to purchase an Omega or Sandman. Guy at the counter mentioned the Chimera and no barrel restriction. That’s what has me shifted to looking into the Chimera. That opens up me using this can on a few firearms that I didn’t think I’d be able to.

Thanks for the info on the ASR system. I think I’ll stay with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
        Same thing I’ve heard as well. I originally went in looking to purchase an Omega or Sandman. Guy at the counter mentioned the Chimera and no barrel restriction. That’s what has me shifted to looking into the Chimera. That opens up me using this can on a few firearms that I didn’t think I’d be able to.

Thanks for the info on the ASR system. I think I’ll stay with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        no restrictions on the sandman...

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
          no restrictions on the sandman...
          No restrictions on any Dead Air can, including the Nomad which is 14 oz

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

No restrictions on any Dead Air can, including the Nomad which is 14 oz
            Dang! That is LIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
              Dang! That is LIGHT!
              It was designed to compete against the Omega. It’s a bit heavier than Omega, but that’s because DA didn’t want to compromise the durability to achieve the lightest can possible. It also has a much better mounting system if you choose to run it QD instead of direct thread.

Comment

It was designed to compete against the Omega. It’s a bit heavier than Omega, but that’s because DA didn’t want to compromise the durability to achieve the lightest can possible. It also has a much better mounting system if you choose to run it QD instead of direct thread.
                I've seen two different rifles have baffle strikes with that direct thread. I'd have to get away from that system day one if I got one of those with it. Probably user error, lack of attention to detail, but still.

Comment

It’s most likely not an issue with direct thread, as much as it is improper application. The reason QD cans are recommended on ARs and semis is that rapid fire can cause the can to back off the threads when direct threads were used. A QD acts as a locking mechanism, so that rapid fire won’t cause the can to come loose. If you do run a DT can in a semi platform just be sure to check that the can stays tight between mags or rapid fire.

Comment

It’s most likely not an issue with direct thread, as much as it is improper application. The reason QD cans are recommended on ARs and semis is that rapid fire can cause the can to back off the threads when direct threads were used. A QD acts as a locking mechanism, so that rapid fire won’t cause the can to come loose. If you do run a DT can in a semi platform just be sure to check that the can stays tight between mags or rapid fire.
                    I really think that was most of the problem. Just the fact that the suppressor backed off or wasn't tightened down correctly to start with. We lost of them in 100% darkness about 2AM in a plowed field. Took us over an hour to stumble across it finally. What a mess.

I'm an idiot and don't want to grab a heated suppressor and burn myself or just forget all together.

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X