No announcement yet.

“Ghost” 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Brandon....always love following your hunts. Isn't is funny how easy it is to say "4" for so many of these guys? Having trailcam history or better yet a video is priceless when trying to age them. Looking forward to some LDP's of Ghost 10.

Comment

Nice buck.

Comment

I’m not asking for your help on aging my deer....I kid I kid!

Looking at those past yrs pics gives me a little hope tho. I can def see where you would have thought 4.5 on some of those pics.

Comment

Good luck. Hope you are able to get him

Comment

Very nice buck Brandon, I hope you get to see him in person.
            Good luck and send pics when he’s laying on the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
              Good luck Brandon....always love following your hunts. Isn't is funny how easy it is to say "4" for so many of these guys? Having trailcam history or better yet a video is priceless when trying to age them. Looking forward to some LDP's of Ghost 10.
              You are correct, my friend. Lol
              Thanks. I’m trying not to get too excited in case he leaves or gets ran off. He’s avoiding all the deer....Definitely a loaner.

I’m looking forward to what you and your crew kills again this year as well.

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              I’m not asking for your help on aging my deer....I kid I kid!

Looking at those past yrs pics gives me a little hope tho. I can def see where you would have thought 4.5 on some of those pics.
              Lol....
              Originally posted by JWF View Post
              Good luck. Hope you are able to get him
              Thanks. Me too. I’m looking forward to the opportunity. It’s going be exciting to see him in person if it works out.

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
              Very nice buck Brandon, I hope you get to see him in person.
              Good luck and send pics when he’s laying on the ground!
              Thanks, Mr. Ellis. Will do.

Comment

Here’s a few new recent pics of “Ghost”. He’ll probably be hard horn pretty soon.

It’s hard getting good pictures of him. He’s hanging around in the background or skirting the feed pen for the most part.

I’m getting him figured out more and more as the weeks go by and am working on a game plan.

He’s having a hard time getting in edge wise for corn so I ran the tail gate feeder all around the feed pen and into the corn feeder area and dropped some rice bran out.
                So really, hoping I can get him hooked on the road feed more from here to bow season. He’s showing up on camera late mornings and super early in the evenings. Maybe he’ll feel comfortable enough to come in early before the bucks start showing up if there’s a lot of corn on the ground.

It’s crazy green on us right now. Ghost and most bucks have really slowed down on alfalfa and protein. I’ve been keeping the protein going just for him but he didn’t mess with it at all this go around...Just a little on the Alfalfa from time to time.

It may be a rodeo with him but I’m getting really excited at the thought of “the chase” and finally getting to see him in person. I’m more intrigued with him now more than ever.

I can really see his old, old age now more and more with each new series of pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0363.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24551064

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	24551065

Name:	IMG_0359.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	24551066

Name:	IMG_0357.jpg
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	24551067

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	24551068

Name:	PICT0433.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	24551069

Name:	PICT0429.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	24551070

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck for sure, can’t wait to see him hard horned

Comment

Counting the days until his last super!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      His body, (not horns) remind me so much of ol Curly. He was 11 plus in these pics. Look at the hip slant. Its the only thing that gives it away.

i had a ball posting him and watching folks call him 2.5
                      This is pure gold in aging from pictures or on the hoof IMO. Thank you so much for posting this. Seeing the same attributes in the OP’s buck just helps send the message.

Bone Thug, really looking forward to following the chase. I enjoyed reading your thread last year. This old monarch will be a heck of a trophy.

Comment

Nice buck! I agree with Richard..and have faith you will get it done. Love the back story.

I have one this year I cant get a good age on..I'm going back and forth between "4" and ancient.

Comment

Gosh Brandon, that last round of showers really greened the place up huh? I’m liking that buck brother. Good luck with him this season.

Comment

Sweet buck

Comment

Good luck Brandon, will be looking for LDP opening weekend.

Comment

Thanks.

He’s still hanging around. He is on the Alfalfa and rice bran pretty good so far. Hoping nothing changes on him when they all go hard horn. He’s real close to losing his velvet it looks. Should be any day now.

Name:	IMG_0412.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	24551545

Name:	IMG_0410.jpg
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	24551546

Name:	IMG_0416.jpg