Kids arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids arrows

I need some help with my sons bow. Im lookin for some arrows that will match the set 3rivers sells the 12 in suction cup tips:

He is 3 years old and has been shooting at an elk poster target in his room. He is not quite ready to have any other style of tip for right now. Anyone know where I can get some w/o buyin a new bow/arrow set. 3rivers doesnt sell just the arrows and I cant find anyone that does.
    Thanks for your help.
    Ronnie

I don't let Jadyn (my 3 year old) shoot indoors so we don't use the suction cup arrows. I don't like them for kids because the nock doesn't 'click' onto the strings and stay there. Kids have to hold the arrow on the string while pulling the bow. That makes it hard for a 2-3 year old to get a good launch everytime.

I took one of my old Gold Tip arrows (that had broken off...but not before passing through an Aoudad, a hog and a whitetail doe) and cut the longest piece down to 18". Added 5" fletchings and a nock to one end and an insert with a 100g rubber bludgeon tip on the other end.

She's been shooting that one arrow for over a year now...she's finally learning to put it on the string for herself.

Don't tell her mother...but sometimes I let her shoot field points at 3D deer!
    Last edited by tinman; 02-06-2007, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have been letting him shot inside just cuz its so **** cold outside right now. He is doing really well with the shooting I just dont really wanna push him, I want him to take it as he is ready for the move up to feild point or like you suggested rubber tips. I wish I saved that broken arrow now, I never thought of cutting it down for him great idea thanks for that one.
      Ronnie
      Below is Jake reading "his" Eastmans Bowhunting Journal

Comment

i just got introduced to my first longbow this weekend at the shootout and now im in a brand new world and would like to get my 4yr old twins into it with me any advice on where to get started thanks

Comment

After you cut down broken arrows put a rubber pencil eraser on the end. cheap and safe.

Comment

...would like to get my 4yr old twins into it with me any advice on where to get started thanks.
            Follow the link in my signature "build a kid a bow" and you can build a couple of them pretty cheap. They can be very nice lookers and shoot better than any of the kids bows we have bought for my daughter and nephew.

Good luck and enjoy the new longbow.

Good idea with the pencil eraser, ferg.

Comment

Thanks guys. Sorry its been so long , been really busy. Had some time to shoot my new horne though. Funny story with that. I have been shooting the arrows that came with it, just took the fleching off to work on draw an stance. Finally got arrows, the lady at the shop already had some waiting on me, she knew what i would need. GREAT customer service. Anyway been shooting n shooting sometime 100 arrows sometimes 15 just depends. I was at the shop shooting in the lane and The guy who sold me my compound was giving me a hard time that I was shootin all over the place. I told him I was just workin on findin my ancor and wasnt worried about where they went. well he wanted to see how I could shoot so I went n got my 6 arrows and got serious. I had been there 3 hours n my arms felt like jelly but I shot well made his jaw drop. Of the six 2 where in the bulls eye and the other 4 in the next ring. I couldnt do it again..( I have tried) but it was cool shuttin him up I have never had 2 in the bulls eyes before I can get one it most times, still workin on it. The lady at the shop is helpin me , she is a 3 x nationl Champ. She used to work for Bob lee n makes strings for Horne.
              Have fun guys
              Ronnie

Comment

Working...
              X