New Riser Ordered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Riser Ordered

I have one of these in right hand 21" ordered up.
    Can hardly wait to get it in my hands.
    John is a great feller to deal with.

John's Custom Archery

Rick

New Riser Ordered

What is it?

That thing won’t make you a traditional hypocrite, will it????
    (Well, I put smiley faces after that comment twice, and for some reason, they don’t show up!)

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      What is it?

That thing won’t make you a traditional hypocrite, will it????
      (Well, I put smiley faces after that comment twice, and for some reason, they don’t show up!)

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      LOL, it might.

It is call the Optimus.
      Made by John's Custom Archery shop.
      See link in my first post.

I've been looking for a slim line yet beefy no nonsense ILF riser for a while now. I think I've found it.

This one has all the right stuff to make it great for both hunting, and target shooting, but without any (for lack of a better word) gaudy look about it.

Rick

Comment

I can't find a price list on that site.

Comment

I did not know they made limbs heavy enough in the ILF for what you shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
            I can't find a price list on that site.
            If you are on FB, just PM him. He's pretty quick to reply.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
              I did not know they made limbs heavy enough in the ILF for what you shoot?
              Definitely hard to find, and fairly non existent anymore from the big manufacturers. Pretty much have to go with a custom for it.

Rick

Comment

Apparently the riser works, along with his Morrison limbs, judging by that huge Virginia 10-point he got as posted on his Facebook page. What limbs are you planning to use, Rick?

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                  Apparently the riser works, along with his Morrison limbs, judging by that huge Virginia 10-point he got as posted on his Facebook page. What limbs are you planning to use, Rick?
                  I'll be using my TradTech 68# carbon woods.
                  My Bigfoot SS limbs need some overhauling, and if I find the time to get that done I may switch over to them, but that'll likely be down the road a ways.

Rick

Comment

Guess that's the beauty of going to the ILF riser; now you can put any weight limbs you want with the ILF connections from any bowyer. And, evidently, they can be made quiet, but I know I've heard some Olympic rigs that sounded kind of like dropping a can full of bolts in a steel sink when shot.

Comment

ILF is just an adjustable limb attachment system, and once adjusted not really much different from any other.

I haven't found it hard at all to get them as quiet as any other recurve I have shot, but I have heard (and cringed) from the sound coming from those you mention.

Undue noise can quite often be directly related to brace height. Brace height being to low to be specific about it. I almost always shoot my recurves with a fairly high brace height (around 8.75"), and they "always get quieter there.

Another little tidbit to that is - via extensive testing, I have never found my bows to shoot any slower with the higher brace height. Quite the opposite really. Without exception, when I have found the brace height where the bow is the most tame & quietest on the shot, it has also been the fastest.

Rick

Comment

Very nice. I am in the market for a 17" ILF riser. I was going to buy a Tradtech but like the looks of this Optimus. The only thing I see posted for sale on his FB is the 21". I sent him a message since he posted a couple of weeks ago he was sending a 17 to a customer so he at least had one available.

Comment

I got word from John, that my riser shipped yesterday, and is scheduled for delivery to my PO on Monday.

I'm excited.

Rick

Comment

Awesome. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. I have a 28" draw length and typically like 58-60" recurves for hunting and why I was hoping to find a 17" or even 19" riser at most. If John doesn't have one I will probably just order a Tradtech.

Comment

Refreshing my memory on the thread here. Rick, do you think the extra in Brace height is only because you have a longer draw OR do you think that the bow would perform better there for most? I realize it takes a lot of shooting for everyone to find that sweet spot on their rig and arrow combo, but since we are coming into the end of winter.. maybe. I have time for experimentation before Turkey season kicks off.

Comment

Working...
                              X