Florida parking lot police shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida parking lot police shooter

Well it looks like the guy should have minded his own business. He went looking for trouble and found it.

A Florida jury found a white, licensed gun owner who claimed he shot a black man in self-defense following a parking dispute in 2018 guilty of manslaughter Friday, ending the case that brought national attention to the state’s widely-contested “Stand Your Ground” gun law.  

Justice

Comment

The left has been waiting sooooooooooo long to be able to utter these words:
      "a jury Friday night convicted a licensed gun owner on manslaughter charges."

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
        Yep.....

Comment

Just a horrible situation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just because a person has a clean record and can legally purchase a firearm doesn't mean he possess common sense. This guy was/acted stupid and will be locked up as the jury after hearing the case has convicted him. Whether we agree or not the jury has convicted him.

It's sad that a person had to lose their life due to this fella.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post

I agree the anti gunners will definitely use this to their advantage. But this head case should have never been given a license to carry. He gave everyone of us good and responsible gun owners a bad rap. The shooter was looking to use and abuse his license. The threat was over once the gun was drawn and he still shot. Really he should have never been policing the parking lot to begin with. He had history of confrontation. Sad deal.

Comment

Yep, there was a few seconds that changed this from protecting one self to doing something real stupid. He will pay the price.

Comment

Guy is an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
                    I agree the anti gunners will definitely use this to their advantage. But this head case should have never been given a license to carry. He gave everyone of us good and responsible gun owners a bad rap. The shooter was looking to use and abuse his license. The threat was over once the gun was drawn and he still shot. Really he should have never been policing the parking lot to begin with. He had history of confrontation. Sad deal.
                    True on all points here sir.
                    I watched the video earlier and when the gun was drawn, the dude stepped back, his gf ran and so did an onlooker, but this dumbarse still fired. IMO the shooter got what he deserved. No need to be reckless and then try to hide behind the law. But on the other hand the black guy should’ve never pushed him down. Sad yet very stupid decisions on both parties.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                      True on all points here sir.
                      I watched the video earlier and when the gun was drawn, the dude stepped back, his gf ran and so did an onlooker, but this dumbarse still fired. IMO the shooter got what he deserved. No need to be reckless and then try to hide behind the law. But on the other hand the black guy should’ve never pushed him down. Sad yet very stupid decisions on both parties.
                      As someone who for the last 3 1/2 yrs has been a bit disabled, it would be easy to push me down. For one time in my life I almost feel helpless. I would have drawn on the guy too, but I would like to think that if he was leaving me alone, I wouldn't have shot. Not sure what I would have done if he was coming at me to push me down.
                      I don't have near the smart a** attitude I had when younger and healthier. There have been a few times I wanted to say something to someone in a handicapped place, but I think of this and move on.

Comment

The jury was all black, If the shooter had been black no charges would have been filed.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                          The jury was all black, If the shooter had been black no charges would have been filed.
                          How does this happen? A jury should never be all the same, whether it's all black, white, asian, hispanic, male, female, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                            As someone who for the last 3 1/2 yrs has been a bit disabled, it would be easy to push me down. For one time in my life I almost feel helpless. I would have drawn on the guy too, but I would like to think that if he was leaving me alone, I wouldn't have shot. Not sure what I would have done if he was coming at me to push me down.
                            I don't have near the smart a** attitude I had when younger and healthier. There have been a few times I wanted to say something to someone in a handicapped place, but I think of this and move on.
                            I don't second guess his reason for pulling his weapon. He was clearly caught off guard and I bet that ground hurt a little. The young guy should've had never shoved him down in the first place.

Comment

if you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

Comment

Working...
                              X