fence tie tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fence tie tools

We are going to be putting up a lot of fence around our place pretty soon, 2x4" no climb. We've done about 110' ft so far just around the house and let me tell you, twisting them wires with pliers absolutely sucks.

Are there any tools you'd recommend that makes this process easier/quicker.

I know I know, suck it up Nancy!

I took a piece of 3/8" metal rod and drilled a hole in it big enough for the wire to go through.

Similar to this

Comment

Stay tight fence has a tool that goes on a drill to tie wire but you have to buy the clips from them to use it, they make the clips for t posts and pipe. They aren't cheap though

Comment

I put up a lot of fence in the past and we have used almost everything.

On one places about 10 years ago, the guy had just poured a barn slab and had the rebar ties left over so he wanted us to use those. I went and bought a bar tie twister and knocked it out. I doubled the top wire and bottom wire and as of about 2 years ago, he hasn't had any that have come off.

Comment

Originally posted by RW2016 View Post
          Stay tight fence has a tool that goes on a drill to tie wire but you have to buy the clips from them to use it, they make the clips for t posts and pipe. They aren't cheap though
          This is the ticket.

I’ll never hand twist them again

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
            I took a piece of 3/8" metal rod and drilled a hole in it big enough for the wire to go through.

Similar to this
            https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...l?cm_vc=-10005
            I put up the exact type of fence. I had 10 terminal and starter ends and that tool made the job a lot easier and faster.

Comment

this looks like what I need, thank you

Comment

We use rebar ties and a rebar tie tool that is one that you hook the eyes with the hook on the tool and just pull. The tool twists the wires as tight as you'll ever get 'em and QUICK!
                If there are t-posts involved use the standard clips that come with the t-post and get you a "clip-tool". I cannot believe I only discovered the clip tool about a year ago... all those clips I've done with fence pliers over the years... I almost cried... sad for the past, but elated for the future!!

Comment

Fencing pliers are the right tool. Don't buy a cheapie.

Comment

This is what I use on everything now. It ain’t cheap but it hold the wire well against hogs, deer jumping it and cows and bulls leaning on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      We use rebar ties and a rebar tie tool that is one that you hook the eyes with the hook on the tool and just pull. The tool twists the wires as tight as you'll ever get 'em and QUICK!
                      If there are t-posts involved use the standard clips that come with the t-post and get you a "clip-tool". I cannot believe I only discovered the clip tool about a year ago... all those clips I've done with fence pliers over the years... I almost cried... sad for the past, but elated for the future!!
                      Bingo...great little tool to have. Just make sure you find galvanized ties with the eyes vs the regular concrete wire ties. They will rust of course.

Comment

Moore Maker Inc. is Texas premier manufacturer of Western Knives, Knife Accessories, Fence Building Tools, and Dehorners. Moore Maker also carries a varied supply of miscellaneous Ranching and Cowboy equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Bingo...great little tool to have. Just make sure you find galvanized ties with the eyes vs the regular concrete wire ties. They will rust of course.
                          Yea got one of those (actually 2 or 3 of 'em), but this one is WAY better. There are a lot of them on the market... buy a good quality one. The cheapies don't last. they come apart under heavy use.

One or 2 pulls and the wire is banjo string tight!

Click image for larger version

Name:	61SkbayYprL._SX425_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	24576527

Galvanized ties are also a good idea. I find 6" is perfect for panels and t-Post. Probably need 8" or longer if you're tying to cedar or treated wood posts.

Comment

Here ya go--

Comment

Anyone here use metal zip ties?

Comment

Working...
                              X