Florida parking lot police shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    That really has nothing to do with my question.
    My apologies answered the wrong post.

Comment

Generally speaking. I completely understand wanting to protect our rights to bear arms, but i believe this guy has done more to hurt our cause than help.

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
        like i said before the threat was over after the weapon was drawn, but this guy clearly wanted to shoot someone and was hope to provoke someone to justify using it.
        If the shooter would have shot a second or 2 sooner, I think it is an entirely different discussion and legal outcome. The fact that you can watch the event on slow mo video doesnt help either.

I think both parties were in the wrong in multiple instances.

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
        if he had just drawn his weapon and held the guy who assaulted him at gun point
        No lawyer here, but at what point would this not be kidnapping? Guy got upset, and assaulted a guy, over him telling his GF she was illegally parked, but you think he is going to sit calmly for the cops to show up, after he assaulted somebody?

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
          If the shooter would have shot a second or 2 sooner, I think it is an entirely different discussion and legal outcome. The fact that you can watch the event on slow mo video doesnt help either.

I think both parties were in the wrong in multiple instances.

No lawyer here, but at what point would this not be kidnapping? Guy got upset, and assaulted a guy, over him telling his GF she was illegally parked, but you think he is going to sit calmly for the cops to show up, after he assaulted somebody?

We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he had shot the guy as he was pushing him.
          The moral of the story is "shoot while you are being assaulted, don't wait til after".

Also, it is a long way from right to knock someone on the ground because he said something. Doesn't really matter what he said, or who he said it to. This guy found that out.
          We need to have a politer society, handgun carry laws should make people behave better, it does me.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
            We wouldn't even be having this discussion if he had shot the guy as he was pushing him.
            The moral of the story is "shoot while you are being assaulted, don't wait til after".

Also, it is a long way from right to knock someone on the ground because he said something. Doesn't really matter what he said, or who he said it to. This guy found that out.
            We need to have a politer society, handgun carry laws should make people behave better, it does me.
            The moral of the story is don't be the self proclaimed parking lot Police.

We would not even be having this discussion if the shooter had minded his own business and went about his day.

Comment

Just want to point out the trial revealed that the parking space wasn’t even a legal enforceable handicapped space.

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                Just want to point out the trial revealed that the parking space wasn’t even a legal enforceable handicapped space.
                Parking space wasnt relevant.. it was about an assault and what the appropriate response for calling it self defense was about.

For the record.. i dont think it was appropriate..but i also dont think self defense means give them a chance to hurt you either..there was already a precedent set that the guy that got shot was willing to inflict injury.
                Last edited by systemnt; 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  The moral of the story is don't be the self proclaimed parking lot Police.

We would not even be having this discussion if the shooter had minded his own business and went about his day.
                  Or if the guy didnt bum rush and knock the shooter on his ***.

Comment

Parking space wasnt relevant.. it was about an assault and what the appropriate response for calling it self defense was about.

For the record.. i dont think it was appropriate..but i also dont think self defense means give them a chance to hurt you either..there was already a precedent set that the guy that got shot was willing to inflict injury.

Parking space is relevant since that’s what started the argument in the parking lot. Guy started a fight over illegally parking a car that ended someone’s life and landed him in jail and it wasn’t even illegally parked.

Comment

Parking space is relevant since that’s what started the argument in the parking lot. Guy started a fight over illegally parking a car that ended someone’s life and landed him in jail and it wasn’t even illegally parked.
                      He was on trial for his reaction to being assaulted by someone that wasnt involved his a verbal argument he was having with someone else.
                      The parking space or the verbal arguement was not a factor in his decision to use deadly force. Nor was it a factor in the jury finding him guilty of his disproportionate response to getting assaulted.

Comment

He was on trial for his reaction to being assaulted by someone that wasnt involved his a verbal argument he was having with someone else.
                        The parking space or the verbal arguement was not a factor in his decision to use deadly force. Nor was it a factor in the jury finding him guilty of his disproportionate response to getting assaulted.

Yes that was the trials concern but the whole situation included an argument over a non existent handicapped parking space. It was important enough that it was presented as a fact in the trial.

Comment

Yes that was the trials concern but the whole situation included an argument over a non existent handicapped parking space. It was important enough that it was presented as a fact in the trial.
                          Presented to show why he was there.. nothing more. No bearing on what the trial , prosecuting charge, or judgement was about.

Comment

Florida parking lot police shooter

Presented to show why he was there.. nothing more. No bearing on what the trial , prosecuting charge, or judgement was about.

Well we have determined that you don’t think it’s important. My statement had to do with the unnecessary situation they got into over something that didn’t even exist. Not it’s bearing on the trial.

Comment

Well we have determined that you don’t think it’s important. My statement had to do with the unnecessary situation they got into over something that didn’t even exist. Not it’s bearing on the trial.
                              Noted.
                              Most arguments are unnecessary and nothing verbal is ever a reason for physical assault.

Comment

So, all the more reason for a citizen patrol?

I don’t think stop signs on private property are enforceable either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X