Hunting Buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Buggy

Bought a golf cart a few months ago thinking I got a steal from an old man who didn’t play golf anymore. Not knowing everything to look for I bought and started tearing it apart to paint frame and install lift kit. Well once the body was removed I found out the frame was rusted and broke in multiple spots, I ended up finding a good deal on a used frame, picked it up sanded and painted it. Next went lift kit and swapped everything from old cart over. Got some 2 gauge wires, light bar and will be using the green rocker lights to try and sneak into spots, and added a rear flip seat, wheels and tires to finish it off. I will most likely put a set of Trojan Batteries in before October but all in all as of now I only have about 1300 total in it so I feel like I still came out ahead. Definitely looking forward to getting it out to the land soon!

Here is some before pics

New frame with lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on!

Comment

I will give you $1,500 right now!

Looks good.

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Nice

Comment

You did a heck of a job! That cart is worth $3500-$4500 now!

Comment

You still came out good!

Comment

Ya I'd say you are still way ahead !!! Looks great. Anxious to see pic of it at the lease !

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                  Bought a golf cart a few months ago thinking I got a steal from an old man who didn’t play golf anymore. Not knowing everything to look for I bought and started tearing it apart to paint frame and install lift kit. Well once the body was removed I found out the frame was rusted and broke in multiple spots, I ended up finding a good deal on a used frame, picked it up sanded and painted it. Next went lift kit and swapped everything from old cart over. Got some 2 gauge wires, light bar and will be using the green rocker lights to try and sneak into spots, and added a rear flip seat, wheels and tires to finish it off. I will most likely put a set of Trojan Batteries in before October but all in all as of now I only have about 1300 total in it so I feel like I still came out ahead. Definitely looking forward to getting it out to the land soon!

Here is some before pics

New frame with lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Lookin good!

Question...what did you use to replace the floor mat?

Comment

Nice job, looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                      Lookin good!

Question...what did you use to replace the floor mat?
                      The frame I bought had a mat that came with it. I think you can get new mats for around 60 bucks.

Comment

Sweet ride, needs a few more stickers.

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Looks great, you did a lot of work on that buggy.

Comment

Awesome work! You're going to need a better suspension for hunting though - either a long arm or an "a-arm".

Comment

Working...
                              X