F150, Tundra, or Silverado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJ01 View Post
    Just bought a new 2017 Tundra TSS 4x4 in October. I've had Ford's, Dodge's and Chevy's. The Tundra beats them all. My only complaint with the Tundra is fuel mileage. Get's about 16 on the highway, but will pull a loaded 10,000 pound trailer and get 14.6. Go figure.

I love mine. Then again, the wife, my son and a daughter all own Toyota's.

I guess it's a family thing!

Same package I bought (TSS 4X4). How in the heck are you getting 14.6 pulling a 10K trailer . I’ve finally figured out how to squeeze as much mileage as I can out of it with the throttle by keeping it on the ECO screen and being gentle with it when the roadway allows it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

F150!

Comment

14.6 pulling 10k lb trailer? Lol

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Tundra

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	62D4B82D-C345-44CB-B29C-D5EAAF51E603.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	24523642
              Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Here is a comparison TOW CHART for those that are wondering.

http://fifthwheelst.com/2017-half-ton-truck-towing.html
              How does a 6 cylinder (Ford) have a higher tow rating than all the V-8’s? SMH. I was always a Ford man. Then I bought a Chevy that wouldn’t quit, get stuck, or nag me . So that’s what I bought again. But I don’t tow much. Just need the truck bed and 4x4.
              Last edited by ON THE EDGE; 12-27-2017, 02:59 PM. Reason: Didn’t know we was showin pics :)

Comment

Originally posted by ON THE EDGE View Post
                [ATTACH]889591[/ATTACH]

How does a 6 cylinder (Ford) have a higher tow rating than all the V-8’s? SMH. I was always a Ford man. Then I bought a Chevy that wouldn’t quit, get stuck, or nag me . So that’s what I bought again. But I don’t tow much. Just need the truck bed and 4x4.

Twin turbos

Comment

There is info online about the expected changes to the Tundra and Silverado. The Tundra is likely to get a new, more efficient engine, plus an 8 or 10 speed transmission. Both of which should help with gas mileage. My 2003 Tundra is a fist generation, so it's smaller than the present Tundra, but it only gets maybe 18 or 19 mpg on the open road. By the end next year, barring some major issue, I'll probably be closing in on 400,000 miles.

I just spend $900 for a new timing belt and water pump, as well as new drive belts. I also spend $300 for two new cats. All of this was standard maintenance, but I hate to lose that by changing vehicles this soon.

The outside looks horrible, with the clear coat pealing in large areas. The inside is okay, but it too isn't great. But, it just keeps going and going. No major issues so far. Well, except that the seat belt retractor sucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you buy anything, other than what I think you should buy, you are an idiot.
                    My opinion is the only one that matters.
                    You dumb ayy. I told you not buy that truck cause its a piece of caca, and youre a piece of caca for buying that truck.

Comment

Love my Tundra.

Comment

Had a Tundra with everything you could put on it...excellent power and towing but the "fake" wood grain paneling in the cab started to fade just over a year old? Really, Really for what it costs?? I sold it and with Toyota's rep the price was more than I would have got for a Ford or Chevy.

Had the Chevy Z72 package...loaded once more and liked it...MPG was decent but backseat room was limited for a crew cab.

Driving a F150 King Ranch, again loaded with every option, lift kit, bed cover....not the best MPG but it has the turbo Eco engine and will haul butt!! I don't tow anything larger than my 16' tandem axel trailer with a Crew Ranger on it, but very few pass me up on the interstate if I chose to drive over 75...and it's smooth as can be. This truck has the MOST cab room of any of the 3 I have owned and I like it very much!!!

My TBH son has a 2017 Chevy Z71 Crew and at least for me, no comparison to my King Ranch in room, power and just plain great looks. But, I won't tell him that and hope he does not see this response I just made?

If you are going to keep a truck 250K+/- miles, then "maybe" the Tundra? NONE are perfect and meet every expectation, but I look for comfort and performance, but what do I know...I'm retired and don't really care, lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                          Nothing gets the feelings hurt more than a truck thread on TBH!

Ha, it’s probably just behind the college football thread.

Comment

Little over 2yrs and 40k miles on my '16 TSS. Only really drive it weekends and on the highway and haven't missed the previous '13 F250 that was shop riddled. Only complaint is the salesman didn't explain there's a FlexFuel and non FlexFuel 5.7. Even though I'm not running E85 the dealer requires 5k mile oil change intervals for the extended drive train warranty. I've checked not believing the Vin# issue related to warranty but found they could have a out if for some reason there was engine failure. Very slim chance but with my luck it would happen. Will probably go to 10k mile Mobil 1 intervals after the warranty is up. Besides that, just love driving it.

Comment

I have had Fords (2), Dodges (1), and currently drive a Tundra. I've never owned a Chevy, but grew up in my dad's. I don't know anything about the Titan or Ridgeline (is that even a truck?) I would own any of them except for another Dodge. That thing was a giant piece of unreliable, noisy, garbage. My next truck will be a Tacoma,....to use as a daily driver. I expect to have the Tundra until I die.

cricman

Comment

What ever you buy or bought just take care of it and it will take care of you.
                                Parts and cars are designed to wear / break. If you do your maintenance or have it done it should last no matter what brand you buy. Use quality lubricants and replacement parts and drive it.

Comment

Working...
                                X