No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice. Would love to here the report. Was also wondering if Michael could block IP addresses rather than users on here. That would help keep the thread and TBH troll free.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMANOID
      As for the lil boy scouts that come up with this "Extreme Barbie Hunt"
      Not only is THE HUNT famous but causes deep emotional jealously among mere mortals. It was bound to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
        Nice. Would love to here the report. Was also wondering if Michael could block IP addresses rather than users on here. That would help keep the thread and TBH troll free.
        I've thought the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by RickyS View Post
          Not only is THE HUNT famous but causes deep emotional jealously among mere mortals. It was bound to happen.
          yep i'm jealous of a bunch of dudes sleeping with a blow up doll!

Comment

Ok, now you put me in the dog fight. Don't mess with Dollie or Billy - REALLY.

How come if we have such accomplished Granger "local" hunters have we not had the pleasure of having them in camp to "show me" as they say. Seriously, come out sometime. The only way anyone can get as good as you guys is to teach those that lack your elevated hog killing skills.

My question is, if you Granger guys are so good at hog killing, why does the State ask us public people to come out and help keep the population in check? I mean, you guys kill like a 10000 a year right?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
              Ok, now you put me in the dog fight. Don't mess with Dollie or Billy - REALLY.

How come if we have such accomplished Granger "local" hunters have we not had the pleasure of having them in camp to "show me" as they say. Seriously, come out sometime. The only way anyone can get as good as you guys is to teach those that lack your elevated hog killing skills.

My question is, if you Granger guys are so good at hog killing, why does the State ask us public people to come out and help keep the population in check? I mean, you guys kill like a 10000 a year right?
              i guess the same reason the famous accomplished public hunters cant keep the population in check.

Comment

any body going out this weekend,should be nice out

Comment

I will but I'm out there everyday!

Comment

Chew, you need to work on your debate skills. Your response to my arguement makes not a lick of sense. I am asking you to argue as to why public hunters are not needed if the locals are taking care of the problem. I am not arguing that public hunters can't keep the population in check.

Here is how it works - so you can understand my arguement

If local hunters are taking care of the problem then public hunters are not needed.

If public hunters are needed, then local hunters are not taking care of the problem.

So as you can see, the locals need help. Educate the public hunters, hence allowing the locals to take care of the problem and get rid of the public hunters.

Your turn........

p.s. I am smart enough not to sleep with blow-up dolls; I choose to.
                    Last edited by Wildman; 03-01-2013, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bofly View Post
                      I will but I'm out there everyday!
                      haha any time i can

Comment

Local hunters and public hunters combined cannot shoot enough hogs to "take care of the problem." If you killed 12 hogs a year that would be a tremendous amount for a weekend hunter. And I'm talking real numbers. We all know that numbers get inflated on the green screen. A sow can have two litters a year from 6-12 piglets. All you are taking care of is what ONE sow make...at a maximum. The best method of control is to let public hunters bump around in the woods and at the end of the year mop up all the hogs with a shooter from a helicopter. It is the only means of successful control. A helicopter can do in one afternoon what a whole army of public bowhunters can't do in a year.
                        Years ago when everybody was on the same page out there and we didn't bump around in the woods we killed a LOT of hogs. All it takes is one guy blindly walking around out there to mess up an area for a week. That's the reason a LOT of us locals have surrendered the hunting out there to the "public." The fun days are over. It only takes a few times of setting up a stand, carrying in corn, waiting half the day, and then when it gets good to have some guy walk past you and mess up your hunt. I realize that is the way most public land is these days. That is why group of us would rather drive to S Texas to hunt hogs than drive 3 miles to the lake.
                        So make no mistake about it. We realize it is public land but we don't have to like it. That land belonged to our families and mostly our grandparents before the govt forced them out. So you can see why we get irritated when public "hunters" show up out there, leave their trash, wound animals, and ruin our hunting and then tell us they're doing us a favor. Don't get me wrong there are some GREAT guys out there and those are the ones we don't notice. They slip in, slip out, and take their trash home. But as anyone knows it only takes a few bad apples to give a bad reputation to a whole group. This goes both ways and I realize that.
                        To sum all of this up I'll say one last time. How do you think the people around here will react when we see poachers out there, and we see deer carcasses with their heads cut off, and we see people with rifles, and we see the trash on the land that our families once owned and then we're told the public "hunters" are doing us a favor?

Comment

Me and "extremehunter37" will be out there this sunday around 3:00 we are debating on hunting at pecan or gate 7. any suggestions?

Comment

Wildman u seem to think piblic hunters are keeping the hogs in check but the need for the chopper tells me both arent working and why i said what i did. Plus didnt know we were arguing/debating. Yep some public hunters so are so helpful to arrow pigs in traps, take batteries out of feeders, and sit right next to locals feeders. Wasn't you wildman that told me years ago how you walked/hunted private land for hogs? It's was around the time when you looking for hogs to buy from the locals so you shoot them or something on a place you had?

Comment

Jeff S, I understand your arguement perfectly. But, until others that have posted on this thread (I call them the Haters) can point out a specific person poaching or leaving trash, then you have to see the rest on this thread as your stated "...GREAT guys...".

Just because you or others are bitter of a select few, you can not hate the majority. I personally have not ever met one person at Granger that would not help another person out. We have had a GRXH for many many many years now and never once have I left PC saying "what a bunch aholes, look at the mess they left, poachers that is all they are."

I think your trash issue is your bank fisherman personally, not your day hog hunters, but that is a soap box I will stand on with you.

Comment

Chewy, one of my most favorite spots is a fence hole on WMA and Private Property. Killed a ton of hogs coming off private property to the WMA. I even had two kids that were on that private property help me one time track a big sow I shot and it went onto their place. How did I get them to help? I drove around to their house and asked them to help me track it.

I have never had ANY trouble with the local people around Granger. The only ones I know that have any problems are the ones that can hide behind this green screen and complain. Nub buck status and no names in their profiles.

Don't know what you are talking about buying from locals. I have never bought a pig in my life. Have trapped/released some but that was way over Hwy 71 way. And if your talking about Bad Fred the pig, he was a trapped (in Bastrop) hog that was BBQd right there in PC.
                                Last edited by Wildman; 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X