Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
Captain39
Eight Point
 
Captain39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default Deal Alert-Crossbows

Wicked Ridge Warrior on Clearance for $253
Barnett Raptor Fx on Clearance for $225
at Academy in Conroe.
Captain39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #2
shiner78
Ten Point
 
shiner78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Shiner, TX
Hunt In: gonzales, county
Default

I would like to get my 9 yo. One. I'll check the one in Victoria.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
shiner78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 09:34 AM   #3
Yelladog
Ten Point
 
Yelladog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Round Rock
Default

The wicked ridge is a great xbow.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yelladog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 10:25 AM   #4
axisbuck
Ten Point
 
axisbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Lometa Lampasas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain39 View Post
Wicked Ridge Warrior on Clearance for $253
Barnett Raptor Fx on Clearance for $225
at Academy in Conroe.
If its the warrior with the multiline scope (not 3 dot) bolts and coking rope ready to hunt its a great deal (normally $400+)
axisbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
Captain39
Eight Point
 
Captain39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisbuck View Post
If its the warrior with the multiline scope (not 3 dot) bolts and coking rope ready to hunt its a great deal (normally $400+)
It is
Captain39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
Maxxed Outdoors
Eight Point
 
Maxxed Outdoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Anahuac
Hunt In: Palestine
Default

I’ve never owned a xbow, will either one of these fit a 7 year old??
Maxxed Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 07:43 PM   #7
Captain39
Eight Point
 
Captain39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Conroe
Hunt In: Rocksprings
Default

The Barnett is smaller, but not sure he could pull them back even with assist string.
Captain39 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 08:10 PM   #8
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain39 View Post
The Barnett is smaller, but not sure he could pull them back even with assist string.
That's what Daddy is there for!

My son is 6 and uses the Barnett Recruit. Perfect size for him.

Maxxed Outdoors I would go with the Wicked Ridge Warrior. Get a stand BiPod for it and your boy can just shoulder it. Eventually he will grow into it and you can use it as well. For that price it's a heck of a deal!
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #9
Maxxed Outdoors
Eight Point
 
Maxxed Outdoors's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Anahuac
Hunt In: Palestine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
That's what Daddy is there for!

My son is 6 and uses the Barnett Recruit. Perfect size for him.

Maxxed Outdoors I would go with the Wicked Ridge Warrior. Get a stand BiPod for it and your boy can just shoulder it. Eventually he will grow into it and you can use it as well. For that price it's a heck of a deal!
I read a lot of good reviews on the Ridge Warrior I think Iíll hunt one down!
Maxxed Outdoors is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com