Alamo Precision - Curtis Custom Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alamo Precision - Curtis Custom Actions

FINALLY! As many of you know, we have been working with Chase at Curtis Custom on getting his Axiom and Vector actions in the APR lineup for quite some time now. It has been a painfully slow process getting them into production and all of the little details and design mods worked out but they’re here….and well worth the wait. Short action Axioms started showing up this week and long actions will follow soon. APR will be the exclusive distributor for these actions and some light weight variations are in the works now.

The Axiom represents a tremendous value in the custom action market and is packed with features that aren’t available on many of the high end actions out there today. It is designed to fit into a Remington 700 footprint, which is real handy when choosing a stock, but EVERYTHING else about it is completely different……..really different.

The Axiom is a 3-lug design with a 60 degree bolt throw, much like a Tikka or GAP Tempest. The fire control system was designed and tuned by Greg Tannel and is a work of art. Tool-less takedown for easy maintenance and it features a roller bearing on the nose of the cocking piece instead of a solid metal on metal contact design like most traditional designs. Bolt lift is butter smooth as a result. The bolt stop/release is also pretty ingenious. It is one of the few designs we have seen that actually transfers all of the stress on the stop itself instead of the cross-pin, eliminating what is a pretty common failure on many custom actions. These actions will also come standard with DLC coated bolt, a .250 double-pinned recoil lug and a pinned 20 MOA rail. They will retail at $925

To me, the most important features of an action are the ones you can’t see and the ones we spend the most time correcting – consistent tolerances. These actions have not disappointed in that regard. I have only seen 2 other brands that consistently hold the tolerances we are seeing on these actions, and both of them have a price tag starting at least $300 higher. I’ll try to get some more info out here soon for those that are interested. In the meantime, here are some pics of a build we just completed on one of the first production Axioms.

Thanks for looking,
    Robert
    Alamo Precision Rifles
    aprifles.com

Couple more pics...

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Me likey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking Great!

Comment

I want one! Don't know if I can afford one but that sure is slick!

Comment

That's really cool!!

Comment

Working...
              X