Small on demand water heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small on demand water heater

Kitchen sink takes a long while to dispense hot water. Has always been irritating but with the new kiddo it is causing a problem. Winter coming makes it worse. There is an outlet for the disposal- can i plumb in a small tankless water heater on the hot line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only problem is that the receptacle for the disposal is on a switch. You can certainly plumb one in to the hot water line but will need to find a different electrical source.

Comment

make sure you get a 220 volt version. Otherwise the 110 is pretty lukewarm. You can also get a recirculating pump and adapter. Lowes has them. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Watts-HRWS-...g-Pump/3135231 set the timer on the pump for when you use the kitchen sink and turn it off when you are not using it during the day or night.

Comment

Same thing in our house. It's 10 years old only but the water heater in the garage is on the other side of the house so I'm guessing the kitchen sink is on the end of the line. Takes at least 30 seconds before you even get a hint of warm water. Then you have the master bathroom where the water heater is on the other side of the wall. You get steaming hot water 2 seconds after you turn it on.

1st world problems I guess......

Comment

the recirculating pump really works well. My HW heater is in the attic opposite side of the house and kitchen sink. By putting the bypass valve in the kitchen, the laundry room and sink get the benefits also. Only problem is that you don't get really cold water from the cold water tap

Comment

A point of use water heater is a feasible option.

You will not have 220 available at the kitchen sink so stick with a model that requires 110v 20amp power or less.

Like Txjourneyman pointed out above, the plug is usually operated by a switch on the counter backsplash. This can be adapted by an experienced electrician to allow one of the 2 plugs to remain switched for the disposal while the other plug is hot all of the time for the water heater dealio.

Here is a quick link to the model I sell and install. Not from this source but it was what popped up first.

I am not a fan of the hot water recirculating set ups that do not require a separate return line. The hot water gets pushed into the cold water side. SO instead of waiting for hot water you are waiting for cold water. Not as bad but still a side affect not disclosed by the manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
            X