OK All You Photo Geniuses / What do you think of this Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK All You Photo Geniuses / What do you think of this Camera

I am considering taking a small plunge into a better camera. I currently have a point and shoot Kodak but after all these amazing pics I have Camera Envy

I am looking at this particular camera and have read some really good reviews on it as well.

Does anyone shoot this or have any experience with this brand and would it satisfy my envy?

Click image for larger version

Name:	e510-3q-001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	24731125

I have the Olympus e-300 and I'm very happy with it. It can do whta all the others you see on here can. Then came the e-500 and now the 510 is out. You would be very happy with it no doubt.

Comment

I don't know about the body but olympus has some bad to the bone lens configurations for it

Comment

I have it, love it. Also have the E-500. The E-510 is the one I hang the long lenses on. I am committed to Olympus and the 4/3rds system. Body on the left with the ZD 11-22 ED lens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P6175707 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	23840764

Comment

BTW, the E520 soon.

Comment

So Bill does that mean if I go with the Olympus I can borrow your glass

I am leaning towards the E510, for the money it looks pretty hard to beat.

I went to dpreview.com and read about several brands ,and it seemed to be highly recommended, glad to see someone here using one as well.

How soon on the E520 do you know?

Thanks guys

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by KRB View Post
              So Bill does that mean if I go with the Olympus I can borrow your glass

I am leaning towards the E510, for the money it looks pretty hard to beat.

I went to dpreview.com and read about several brands ,and it seemed to be highly recommended, glad to see someone here using one as well.

How soon on the E520 do you know?

Thanks guys

Ken
              Ken the release date of the E-520 is suppose to be next month. Here are the added differences between it and the E-510. Not enough for me to upgrade at this point. The E-510 is a great body in itself.

# Contrast AF - Live View AF enables AF adjustments on liveview.
              # Face detection - Hardware-based face detection system
              # SAT - (Auto Gradation, Shadow Adjustment Technology)
              # Large rear panel LCD - 2.7" HyperCrystal high-definition, high-contrast, wide-view LCD panel
              # Wireless flash - Multi-flash control

On your first question that is a big "maybe".

Comment

Working...
              X