This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
    Regarding the LSU / Devin White targeting call, "it is what it is" as the Tigers will play inspired football in 2 weeks and try to shock the world.

I did some research on the Crimson Pachyderms confirming the last time an Alabama player was called for "Targeting". There were numerous late hits on defenseless players and very blatant helmet to helmet contact. Referees either looked the other way or swallowed their whistle.

The last targeting call against Alabama happened nearly 15 years ago. Ironically it was an offensive player and clearly visible on national TV. Joseph William Namath was called for targeting against Suzy Kolber. Video replay shows Namath lunging forward and leading with his head. The game was halted and sent to the replay booth for review. After reviewing the play for all of 3 seconds, SEC officials located in Birmingham ruled that Namath never made contact with Kolber and the targeting penalty was picked up, Namath got to stay on the field. More proof that shady-sheeet happens with Alabama

Didn't blame him then nor do I now. Not a good look, but ...

I happened to be at the same hotel as Joe for an Alabama game the year before this. At about 02:30 in the downstairs bar anyone could see he needed to change his act and put some things in the rear view mirror. I believe that he did the next year, soon after after the Suzy incident on TV.
    As I understand it you don't just say you have beat the bottle and its all said and done. Instead it is day to day. I'm glad he faced up to the problem and seems to have won that battle...today.

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
    At least you read the thread
    Sorry to hear.

Comment

Posted for the honks...for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Sterns picks are all unreal... zero return yards because of where and when! Nice accolades for a true freshmen.

Love to see him House one.

BJ foster has been pretty **** good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats to the finalists. I really like Sterns. Wait! All I’ve heard on here is that Boyd sucks and gets burned deep all the time. Am I confused or is that just talk from the “Ballwatchers”. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 9

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          Congrats to the finalists. I really like Sterns. Wait! All I’ve heard on here is that Boyd sucks and gets burned deep all the time. Am I confused or is that just talk from the “Ballwatchers”. [emoji23]

Sterns makes him look good[emoji41]

Seriously though he has saved his arse several times.... but Boyd has made some plays too. Personally I am surprised Boyd is still there.
          Last edited by Smart; 10-22-2018, 04:33 PM.

Comment

2018 College Football - Week 9

I’m shocked he’s on there, honestly. He’s held his own but has bad eye discipline.

LSU, Texas and Miami are the players

Last edited by Chad C; 10-22-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I don’t think I’m a ball watcher.... but Boyd bites hard on the double move a lot from my “game watching”

That being said he has made some plays this year as well

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                you guessed it …. no targeting call

2 good tackles on that play. Bama guy turns his head to avoid "crown of the helmet" contact, + no defenseless player or launching involved and #26 for aTm tackles his guy all the way to the ground. Umps missed 1 holding call on that play

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Sterns picks are all unreal... zero return yards because of where and when! Nice accolades for a true freshmen.

Love to see him House one.

BJ foster has been pretty **** good as well.

He’s got some talent for sure. He’s going to wind up with a return td one of these days.

Foster is a beast. He’s heck to block and a dang good blitzer

Comment

Boyd is a high wire act, but he's a crazy good athlete. Not sure how long he can keep pulling his *** out of the fire....hopefully he's learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      Boyd is a high wire act, but he's a crazy good athlete. Not sure how long he can keep pulling his *** out of the fire....hopefully he's learning.

When he plays with proper eye discipline and under control, he’s one of the best in the country. As it is, he’s such an elite athlete that he can bail himself out.

Comment

A little help for those LSU stalwarts now on the fence. Jalen has a high ankle sprain and had a procedure. Guess that means we will see Mac Jones for the 4th quarter instead of JH.

This is always like an early Christmas List.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                          2 good tackles on that play. Bama guy turns his head to avoid "crown of the helmet" contact, + no defenseless player or launching involved and #26 for aTm tackles his guy all the way to the ground. Umps missed 1 holding call on that play
                          You and Hellen Keller agree.....

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            Sumlin losing control?
                            So you reference Gary Patterson as Sumlin?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Hate it for you Czar...but the jury is still out on how I feel about it for 243WSM and BrandonA
                              Tell us how you really feel

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                                So you reference Gary Patterson as Sumlin?
                                Nope, I don’t dislike GP that much.....

Comment

Working...
                                X