Cornbread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Radar View Post
    I'm going bow hunting tomorrow and the next two days, the bucks have started separating. I caint take no more of chili, beans, hot dogs, fights, High Fence, mechanicals and Beto.

Haha! I might do the same! Too much work around here. Trying to make time!

Skinny

Comment

Add half a can of cream corn to your batter, and diced jalapeños, hard to beat

Comment

So...........what did you do, and how’d it turn out???

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That Jiffy is OK, but it aint like Buttermilk cornbread. I always chop up jalapenos and mix up with the batter.
          I finally convinced my wife to add japs. She fixes all of it that way now. I made chili yesterday and had jap cornbread sticks. Yummy !

Comment

1/2 cup of sugar

Comment

Sugar in cornbread???? Are you from the north? Not into sweet cornbread but hey "to each his own"

Comment

I'm going bow hunting tomorrow and the next two days, the bucks have started separating. I caint take no more of chili, beans, hot dogs, fights, High Fence, mechanicals and Beto.

Bet your [emoji102] at TBH while you’re sitting in the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1/2 cup in mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                    Bet your [emoji102] at TBH while you’re sitting in the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I am gonna be sitting in a Maverick blind in the rain and your probably right.

Comment

The original Quaker corn bread recipe.

1/4 cup oil or shortening
                      1 cup corn meal
                      1 cup flour
                      2 tablespoons sugar
                      4 teaspoons of baking powder
                      1 cup of milk
                      1 egg, beaten

Heat oil in pan. Mix remaining ingredients and then add oil. Bake at 400 for 20-25 min.

For less crumbly cornbread, add an extra egg. If you want loaded cornbread, add creamed corn, jarred jalapenos, and onion to taste.

Comment

This is absolutely the best cornbread you will ever eat! My wife has to eat gf and she discovered it. The Best!

Comment

Gladiola yellow mix-no sugar

Comment

Jiffy is my old stand by ...when I dont wna mess with homemade...

Watch date cause its shelf life is limited..once it gets old it dont wana rise.

yep maybe it will fly over

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                              None.

Jim Dandy corn meal, boiling water, fresh pork rind, mix, form into pones. Heat Wesson oil in a cast iron skillet (enough to just come up around the edge) to 325, places pones in and then put back in the 325 oven until its ready.
                              we got a recipe from ala-dang-bama! this thread should be complete!

Comment

No sugar in cornbread ever unless you are making it strictly for corn-pone dessert in milk. Not a fan but I know some of the old timers are.

No way in hell, I’m mixing cornbread with sugar in my pinto beans or chili (with or without beans)

Comment

Working...
                                X