One Special Arrow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Special Arrow....

I recently lost someone very special to me. For nearly 15 years my stepmother valiantly battled Breast Cancer while never missing a beat. Last month she decided to end the fight and breast cancer took a wife, mother, step mother and grandma from our family. Cancer is just pure evil and I truly hope that one day science will prevail.
    Recently I was watching a Raised Hunting episode which was centered around a couple that was dealing with a recent diagnosis of breast cancer. The husband had previously planned a special hunting trip planned with a very close friend and just before he was supposed to leave, his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. The husband had made up his mind that this trip was now not important and that he was going to stay with his wife. The wife insisted that she would be okay and that he should go on his hunting trip; much to his resistance. After much insistence , he did go on his trip. He ended up shooting on of the biggest deer of his life on this trip with his very close friend.
    This episode hit so close to home for for obvious reasons and reminded me so much of my stepmother. She fought breast cancer with a brave and positive attitude. She always insisted that she was "fine" and that we should not let her cancer fight change anything.She was such a strong, brave and Selfless person. I truly believe I was supposed to watch this show at that very moment in time. As result of the episode, the show started a "Raising Awareness" campaign in honor and support of all the fighters, survivors and those lost to breast cancer.
    This year me and my boys will be carrying one special arrow with us in our quiver in remembrance, honor and support to my step mother, their grandma and in support of anyone else effected by breast cancer.
    Attached Files

Sorry for yalls loss. I like the arrows, hope they get a big deer in honor of a special woman.

Comment

Bet they will being good luck as well! Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice. God bless y’all.

Comment

Great write up! My screen got a little blurry here in the tree stand. I put pink and white fletchings on my arrows for breast cancer awareness.

Comment

Somehow I hadnt seen these before. This horrible disease has affected almost every family at some level including my own. Just ordered one for my quiver.
            Thx for sharing this.

Comment

For the record, I do not plan on shooting the pink arrow just wanted to carry it in the quiver. I guess if push come to shove I would shoot it if I had to.

Comment

Cool idea for a special lady, God Bless

Comment

Great idea brother. Sorry for your loss. KCA!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

A class act from a class person.

Comment

Sorry for your loss!!

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story and what a great tribute and reminder for you and your boys.

Comment

Working...
                        X