Florida "stand yo groun' ---update..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
    Where I see the difference is I believe there are ways to confront situations. Bickering and yelling at someone for parking incorrectly is not the same as trying to thwart a theft or helping an innocent bystander.

I also see why the man attacked the other man and think he was absolutely wrong as well. You should not go up to someone and shove them just for yelling at a female companion. You can de-escalate the situation, and live another day without the shove.

That being said, the price for a shove, should not be death. Especially when there was no attempt to beat or continue the threat of violence.
    There is no audio. So we do not know what was said or at what level.

The guy after pushing him down took another step to him before pulling the weapon or while he was pulling the weapon. The man standing could have easily at any moment followed up with a swift kick to the face. He did not push him down then check on his poor little wifey.

Dont down play it to a shove. He put that man on his rear and hard! The dude flew thru the air. A shove would be walking in between the two and pushing him back. The dude took a running start and launched the other dude.

Now if you changed it from my wife that intentionally illegally parked then got mad when someone pointed it out to my daughter who just started driving and parked there by mistake. I might be on the side of taking a running start to put someone on their rear with a high impact. But we are talking adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      I did not say that at all. That is a fire lane. If there was a fire she could of moved.

I mean if it is no big deal why did you just not park in a handicap spot? Hell why dont we just do away with them?
      Handicap spot is further from the front door
      Why would I want to walk that far?
      She sat curbside while I ran in the store quickly.
      Badda boom
      Badda bam!

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        Handicap spot is further from the front door
        Why would I want to walk that far?
        She sat curbside while I ran in the store quickly.
        Badda boom
        Badda bam!
        so no problem. She was not taking a spot dedicated for someone that needs it. I think we all have done what you are talking about.

badda boom or what ever that means. LMAO

Comment

Crappy situation for certain. Guy was looking for trouble. I can imagine what the female was saying. Dead guy over reacted, gun guy over reacted. Park where you supposed to park = no problem. Keep your hands to yourself = no problem. Don't try to police the world = no problem. Manslaughter is too much.
          And about getting in other people's business by telling them to stay out of people's business....lmao.

Comment

Not all handicaps are physical, was the note left under my windshield wiper. I stood right behind her and watched her write the note holding 4 bags of ice. I had only parked at the front door to pick up the 4 bags of ice I had bought. But she didn't know this.

Then there are those who park in handicap slots because they'er entitled to everything, because they're a minority.
            Last edited by Thumper; 08-26-2018, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              We have made lawyers rich and criminals empowered because of " liability ". Some police dept are going to stop perusing anyone who runs because it is not safe for the criminal. I guess we should all just look the other way and mind our own business no matter what is going on because we are scared of a confrontation.

The thugs already won!
              Lawyers with no concern for the law or humanity and liberal, bleeding heart, judges have empowered criminals...
              Rid "the system" of these 2 and the whole ball game changes for the better..

But the right decision was made in this case.

Comment

I think we should do away with handicap spots, then no ones panties have to get in a wad.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  I think we should do away with handicap spots, then no ones panties have to get in a wad.

I disagree. My 72 yo father is handicapped and struggles to get from a to b even in short distances. Folks can get their panties in a wad over something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X