lease electricity question. Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lease electricity question. Need advice

I have a travel trailer at the lease. Currently I'm using an extension cord 100 foot to run power from a metered pole over a cattle corral to another pole by the camper. While it works, I need something more permanent. I can either run conduit underground and will have to dig a 75 foot trench or run it over head like I have already to replace the extension cord. I need a 30 amp draw for the camper and have figured I'll need 4 gauge aluminum conduit to take the distance into account. Or is there something better? The overall length I'll need is 75 feet. Run it overhead or 18 inches underground. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I'd rather not have to dig, but will if I have to.

Running over head is appealing. Is there an electrical supply in Dallas area you recommend to get the conduit?

Just use schedule 40 PVC and buy it at Home Depot! We use this all day long in our electrical substations.

Comment

Originally posted by jabel View Post
      Just use schedule 40 PVC and buy it at Home Depot! We use this all day long in our electrical substations.
      what wire would you use for a 75 foot length allowing for 30 amps?

Comment

Originally posted by Delirious View Post
        what wire would you use for a 75 foot length allowing for 30 amps?
        10 will be good up to 100'

Comment

thank you

Comment

1" pvc and 4 # 10's if you want 240 volts. 3# 10's if you want 120 volts

Comment

Can you move your trailer closer?

Comment

How rocky is the ground?

Comment

Working...
                X