No announcement yet.

Tool Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Buck Slayer;12946924]Hows the quality on the cordless power tools? Not really needing any just curious.[/QUO

Cordless Power Tools: I build ramps for the Texas Ramp Project and we use RYOBI screw guns, circ saws. They have proven to be a great "cheap" tool and I have had four screw guns for over 6 years now and just replaced the battery's last year and still going strong. My personnel tools are Makita and they do seem to be a bit stronger than the RYOKI. I will build, on average, 12 ramps a year and I have had these tools since 2011 with no failures.
    I have Craftsman hand tools and they are pretty good tools. The finish will be much better on higher quality tools but Craftsman are strong.

Comment

Ive got a basic craftsman set that ive had for years. Warrantied 1/4" ratchet once and now 1/2" ratchet needs to be warrantied.

Last few years I've been buying everything from harbor freight. Wrenches, ratcheting wrenches, stubby wrenches, impact sockets. I use these the most and havnt broke anything yet nor have i damaged anything becauseof these. Nice having perfect size tool for the job and not breaking the bank. Rebuilding engines, tractor work, atvs, small engine repair, general stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
        SK makes good tools in the USA, and much cheaper than Snap On.
        Agreed. Last I checked (until Craftsman moves back to the US anyway as noted in above article) these are the US made hand tool brands. I know it's hard to buy American all the time but I try when I can because I like to.

Armstrong, Proto, SK, Williams, Wright.

I am talking for wrenches/ratchets, etc. I have some Bondhus t-handle allens made in the US and some Klein electrical tools made in the US. But I am talking wrenches, ratchets, etc. I have a LOT of Craftsman tools but I bought them all in the 90's when they were US made. As they break I have been replacing them with other brands. That may change once I see the quality of the tools once they start making them in the US again. I used to be a motorcycle mechanic back in the day for 2 large dealers in SW PA so even though I don't use my tools nearly as much as I used to, I still want tools I can trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronniefied04 View Post
          For chrome sockets and combinations wrenches duralast from AutoZone are good as for ratchets don't go cheap get a Snapon 80 tooth you won't regret it lifetime warranty less risk of breaking your hand than Craftsman harbor or kobalt

Agree 110% with the Snap On ratchets

OP, I think kobalt wrenches and sockets will suit your needs but recommend better ratchets

For your pliers and screwdrivers go with Klein

Comment

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
            That Craftsman "Lifetime Warranty" is only gonna last another 1-2 years. Your best bet for good/cheap is gonna be Kobalt. If you DO decide to spend some money, SK makes good tools in the USA, and much cheaper than Snap On.

Craftsmen's lifetime warranty died several years ago

Comment

Nobody makes power tools like Milwaukee period. Not at the present time anyway. In the past 7 yrs I have been through multiple Rigid tools (destroyed 3 hammer drills in 1 weekend), 2 sets of Dewalt 20v, 2 sets of Porter Cable, and a 2 or 3 sets of Makita. Makita and Dewalt used to be good stuff. Now the gears, transmission, everything is plastic inside. Chucks blow out, etc.. I wouldn't use Rigid if it was free.
              The Milwaukee stuff is easily twice as strong, in every dept. I use my stuff everyday though, and it takes a beating.

Comment

Last month I broke a HF impact socket -first tool I've ever broken. walked in and got a replacement instantly-but I don't trust it much.

Comment

Originally posted by lungbuster1985 View Post
                  Yep. I like my kobalt tools, started buying them instead of craftsman a few years ago. Quality tools with a good warranty, and it's easier to find a Lowes than a Sears.
                  Same here

Comment

Milwaukee hands down has the best cordless tools, I've had snap on cordless stuff and I swapped it out for Milwaukee and spent way less and consider it an upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X