Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Originally posted by Bobby Ferguson View Post
    Also there is no such thing as a rookie wall. Its called game tape. Dak has been figured out.

Oh Lord... the rookie wall is a metaphor ....caused by game tape. You just confirmed there is a rookie wall by saying there is game tape out on him[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      Yeah right, he is not the reason the cowboys are 11-2, Zeke and the O line are the reason, Dak sucked tonight, he has had other games that were not all that great as well, yeah you can play conservative and not turn the ball over, that is playing not to lose imo. He will get his *** handed to him if he plays anything like this in the playoffs.
      ^^^^this guy is right on the money 99.9% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        His play along with the team is the reason we are 11-2.

Ball watchers! Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, I am
        not calling for the change but he did look like **** tonight accuracy wise.

#notaballwatcher

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Oh Lord... the rookie wall is a metaphor ....caused by game tape. You just confirmed there is a rookie wall by saying there is game tape out on him[emoji23][emoji23]
          Usually when i have seen comentators talk about the rookie wall they are talking about the extended season with 4 pre-season games and 16 regular season games compared to a college schedule. Guy's wearing out to the grind of the longer season especially the last 4 games. But nice try.

Comment

Cowboys have not been playing the best and were going to get beat sooner or later!! At least there are three games to try to better the offense. What ever that might take. I will leave that to the professionals to figure what that might be.

Comment

For the record, I am
              not calling for the change but he did look like **** tonight accuracy wise.

#notaballwatcher
              I will be honest, I am a Romo lover, there is no doubt in my mind who is the better quarterback, if Tony can take a hit he is twice as good as Dak, they would have scored atleast 24 tonight, I do not wish for Dak to fail, I think he will, I hope Garrett has the balls to pull the trigger on Romo.

Comment

Usually when i have seen comentators talk about the rookie wall they are talking about the extended season with 4 pre-season games and 16 regular season games compared to a college schedule. Guy's wearing out to the grind of the longer season especially the last 4 games. But nice try.

Wait wait wait. So you are suggesting
                that what you are saying the rookie wall is, has zero affect on a player? and game tape is the only reason?[emoji23][emoji23]

I've heard it as being a combination of the longer schedule and game tape/tendencies . Same as baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                  where's the coaching staff. NY made an adjustment at half........to protect their left tackle.
                  Dallas no adjustments.

S E V E N stinking points. Best offense line in NFL. Giants missing best defense lineman.

What a joke. Coaching?

That's my feelings. Sometimes they make the game more complicated than they have too. As a coach for 33 years I have been guilty as well. IMO they have gotten this far by running the football, creating simple but effective pass routes and simply moving the chains. Nothing complex just plain old fashion football. Third and 2. Hand the ball off. Don't make Dak run through a bunch of reads to get two yards. Or run a stop route, out route something high percentage. Coaches can be their own worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    I will be honest, I am a Romo lover, there is no doubt in my mind who is the better quarterback, if Tony can take a hit he is twice as good as Dak, they would have scored atleast 24 tonight, I do not wish for Dak to fail, I think he will, I hope Garrett has the balls to pull the trigger on Romo.
                    Romo lover = Romosexual JK

I too believe/know Romo is a better QB; the only question is could Romo stay healthy for 5-6 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Romo lover = Romosexual JK

I too believe/know Romo is a better QB; the only question is could Romo stay healthy for 5-6 games.
                      I think he can, and I think he can lead this team to a super bowl, what a story book ending, Romo leads Cowboys to super bowl victory and retires.

Comment

Wait wait wait. So you are suggesting
                        that what you are saying the rookie wall is, has zero affect on a player? and game tape is the only reason?[emoji23][emoji23]

I've heard it as being a combination of the longer schedule and game tape/tendencies . Same as baseball.
                        Pretty hard to wear down guys that are 21-22 years old. I don't believe playing a few more games makes a difference. The guys that are actually playing as rookies were already playing 13 games if they get a bowl. I don't know what kind of guy you were that age but other than injury i don't think it matters. But now you got an excuse i guess for your golden boy. Tape has done him in. Does Zeke look like he's slower now than week 1. You tell me.

Comment

Pretty hard to wear down guys that are 21-22 years old. I don't believe playing a few more games makes a difference. The guys that are actually playing as rookies were already playing 13 games if they get a bowl. I don't know what kind of guy you were that age but other than injury i don't think it matters. But now you got an excuse i guess for your golden boy. Tape has done him in. Does Zeke look like he's slower now than week 1. You tell me.

Yes because 13 games in college with 2-3 stud/stars per team versus 13 games in the NFL where everybody is a stud/star is the same..[emoji57]. You hear young guys say the physical part is much
                          more taxing than college when they are interviewed about the difference.

I didn't say he hit the wall either nor used it as an excuse...insaid he threw like ****... nice try though.

Here is my exact quote.

Two horrible offensive games in a row. I hope this is not a pattern developing. That rookie wall gets a lot of folks.
                          Last edited by Smart; 12-11-2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I don't care what you said. You started quoting me and arguing. Not the other way around. I was making a point of what i keep hearing every where setting Dak up for an excuse. I didn't read every comment in this post. My comment on the rookie wall or lack there of has nothing to do with you. I know that anything not being about you in this forum is hard for you to believe. I would be fine with Dak if we didn't have a probowl QB sitting on the bench who is now healthy.

Comment

I don't care what you said. You started quoting me and arguing. Not the other way around. I was making a point of what i keep hearing every where setting Dak up for an excuse. I didn't read every comment in this post. My comment on the rookie wall or lack there of has nothing to do with you. I know that anything not being about you in this forum is hard for you to believe. I would be fine with Dak if we didn't have a probowl QB sitting on the bench who is now healthy.

Lmao... you are something else.

Comment

rediculous.
                                Last edited by Bobby Ferguson; 12-12-2016, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X