All Weather Rifle Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Weather Rifle Recommendation

Looking for a recommendation on an all weather rifle. I am tired of getting my wood stocked blued steel bolt rifle wet during downpours, and all the work to clean out the action and barrel channels, etc. I am thinking of a stainless single shot like a T/C Encore or CVA Stalker. Never owned one before, and looking for a rifle that can get soaked, be broken down easily, and not affect scope alignment, meaning does not need to be resighted in. Is stainless the answer, I know it can rust, or should I look at having a synthetic stocked blued rifle coated with some type of exotic finish like Cerakote.

Weatherby accumark! Never have broken mine down but hasn't ever needed to in 15years and I'm hard on my rifle!!

Comment

Savage 116 weather warrior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Ruger m77 all weather has been my go to for years.

Comment

I have a CVA stainless in 35 Rem for a pig rifle. Have done all but run over it with my truck and it is still just as ugly as it ever was.

Comment

never had a problem with my stainless ruger 77,

Comment

TC pro Hunter. Awesome rifles right out of the box. I love mine in 25-06.

Comment

Love my Savage 116 weather warrior

Comment

Ruger American

Comment

Cva scout stainless with a Synthetic stock In 7mm-08

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                      Weatherby accumark! Never have broken mine down but hasn't ever needed to in 15years and I'm hard on my rifle!!
                      He probably doesn't want to spend 100.00 for a box of ammo and buy a overpriced gun Thomas...... Haha

Comment

Get you a rifle cover. I bought this one last year and love it. I used it today while it was raining. Slips on and off real easy and don't have to worry about the scope not being clear when its time to shoot too.

Comment

Savage 116 Weather warrior. Spent a week on Vancouver island last spring on a coastal black bear hunt. Rained and or dense fog nearly everyday and no problems a little wipe down everyday didn't take care of.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                            He probably doesn't want to spend 100.00 for a box of ammo and buy a overpriced gun Thomas...... Haha
                            65$ little Blake!

Comment

My savage 111 trophy hunter xp has been in a couple rains with no rust but that's because I properly clean before and after each use.

Comment

Working...
                              X