41F thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

41F thoughts

what are your thoughts about the future of restrictions if Trump gets elected? is there a chance that we change the new 41f back to the old regs? or possibly even less restrictions particularly regarding sbr's and suppressors.

not trying to start a trump vs hillary thread...just how would our gun regs change realistically with either candidate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nope. Won't happen.

Comment

Very rarely does a federal regulation get rolled back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

With all the shootings going on, no way

Comment

I asked at the range I shoot at how hard it was to get a suppressor/sbr. As far as the gun shop was concerned, its as easy as buying a regular gun. The only difference was they hold onto it for you for a few months.

I can't imagine it will get much easier than that. I don't see anything getting rolled back. Now if hilldog is elected, 41F might get much more stringent.

Comment

I don't think anything will change. Congress is what you want to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              I asked at the range I shoot at how hard it was to get a suppressor/sbr. As far as the gun shop was concerned, its as easy as buying a regular gun. The only difference was they hold onto it for you for a few months.

I can't imagine it will get much easier than that. I don't see anything getting rolled back. Now if hilldog is elected, 41F might get much more stringent.

It's quite a bit more than that. Fingerprints, passport photos, CLEO notification. And add the wait on top of that. It's absolutely asinine the hope we have to jump through to own stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                With all the shootings going on, no way

The items affected under 41F have absolutely no association with the shootings that have been going on.

Comment

If memory serves, 41F was one of Obama's executive orders. Trump has said he will throw out Obama's executive orders. There is hope if Trump wins. Trump can't change the original ATF Act but he can remove executive orders.

Comment

The only reason anything would get changed is because the NRA might not have to fight as hard against more gun control and could possibly put some resources into getting some stuff changed. I still can't see them pushing to get suppressors removed from the NFA like they should. It could be done, but wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      The items affected under 41F have absolutely no association with the shootings that have been going on.

Everything related to guns is affected by the shootings that have been happening.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                        Everything related to guns is affected by the shootings that have been happening.
                        Suppressors and Sbr's sales/waits really haven't waivered or been effected by shootings.

Only thing that's effected joining/adding to the fun club was 41f and that's, or a version of it, has been in the makes for years now

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          It's quite a bit more than that. Fingerprints, passport photos, CLEO notification. And add the wait on top of that. It's absolutely asinine the hope we have to jump through to own stuff like that.

I am not speaking for the hoops I have to jump through in order to get one, just the gun shop's role in all of it. Also, Houston has some sort of kiosk set up which does the fingerprints/photo for you. Sounded like its pretty simple. Computer takes care of the notification as well.

Again, this is just what I was told. I did not attempt to verify yet, but if that's the case, the only gripe I have is that I shouldn't be taxed $200 extra just because I want to shoot w/o ear muffs, and wait 6 months. But personally I find those pretty minor.

Comment

I see 41F as a win, not a loss. As to your question, the American Suppressor Association is building support. We won't see anything like the Hearing Protection Act passed anytime soon, but the fact that this legislation is being produced and sponsored is a sign to me that we are moving the ball down the field in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              I see 41F as a win, not a loss. As to your question, the American Suppressor Association is building support. We won't see anything like the Hearing Protection Act passed anytime soon, but the fact that this legislation is being produced and sponsored is a sign to me that we are moving the ball down the field in the right direction.

How in the world is it a win?

More unnecessary bureaucratic red tape is never a win.

Comment

Working...
                              X